Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.06

The main reason I don't use scenes etc is that I don't have an FC12. At AUS $1500 it's a lot of money to switch sounds.
Incidentally the AXE FX III M2 turbo is $4600 in Oz.

I just use an old dumb ADA 12 button midi switcher and it works well for my purposes.
Oh and I forgot! It fit's into the back of the Fractal and Matrix road case along with 2 Dunlop mini expression pedals.
Rack, roadcase, two EV12 boxes, trolly and 2 guitar Mono case and I'm loaded in in one trip.

Bank up and down and 10 presets per bank. With morphing and an expression pedal I can many more sounds within the one bank....it's a kind of poor mans scenes.

I really like the "Bug" in 19.05, thank you and every one else for the info....I would like to keep .06 for all the other bug fixes....who knows, an FC 12 may come on the second hand market for a reasonable price.
You can change scenes via midi🤔

Just downloaded and installed 19.06. I run a pedalboard into the Axe, and run the Matchless DC30 EF86 and DC30 amps almost exclusively. I only had a few minutes with so this is an "initial" reaction.

The amps have some more "sag" or "give" now, and feel more squishy than my real DC30. My real amp has two rectifier tubes, and is squishy for a DC30... the Axe feels even "softer" now.

There's a tad bit more breakup now than in 19.05.

The top end is a little smoother.

I'm hearing a bigger difference between the DC30 and DC30 EF86. The EF86 amp is a little more "honky" than before.

I'm missing a little bit of the "rawness" of the real amp. I remember cliff posting about a setting that adds some rawness, but don't remember what it was? Any help would be appreciated.

Just downloaded and installed 19.06. I run a pedalboard into the Axe, and run the Matchless DC30 EF86 and DC30 amps almost exclusively. I only had a few minutes with so this is an "initial" reaction.

The amps have some more "sag" or "give" now, and feel more squishy than my real DC30. My real amp has two rectifier tubes, and is squishy for a DC30... the Axe feels even "softer" now.

There's a tad bit more breakup now than in 19.05.

The top end is a little smoother.

I'm hearing a bigger difference between the DC30 and DC30 EF86. The EF86 amp is a little more "honky" than before.

I'm missing a little bit of the "rawness" of the real amp. I remember cliff posting about a setting that adds some rawness, but don't remember what it was? Any help would be appreciated.
I agree with you 100% definatly more sag and give,really dynamic...Ive been playing all weekend

I'm off of the Boogies (JPC, IIC++, etc) at the moment, and back on the MIGHTY HOT KITTY.

Seems as responsive and juicy as ever, if not more so.

I can't believe some people complaining about the front screen blinking for a microsecond or two when changing scenes. Seriously??

I've looked at that posted video several times, and I can - with the eye of faith - JUST discern a micromoment of blink. But who cares?

You blink your eyes for longer than that!

And all these folks claiming to hear "more air", "less air", "tighter bottom end", "bottom end not as tight", "more sag", "less sag", etc etc.

This is what's known as the placebo effect, surely?

I don't dissect my tones into meaningless words and descriptions that can't be defined. I just play the guitar. I play music. The AxeFx3 is just a tool, part of the instrument chain, albeit a vital part, and microscopic changes to the way it sounds are nothing compared to just changing to a new set of strings! Or changing pick. Or playing slightly differently. And unless you're playing purely solo in a bedroom and never playing in a band or with other instruments in a recording, nobody - i repeat, NOBODY - would pick these micro-differences that some people post about. Sheesh, can make more change just with one little tweak of a single parameter in the mix, either a real hardware mixer or a virtual one in a DAW. And we won't even get started on the effects of room acoustics - including the bedroom.

I know this will be regarded as heresy, but a lot of what's posted sounds like some of the wankery I hear from wine buffs...!

Now ducking for incoming flak... ;)

I've never looked at my Axe display when I change presets. I only noticed this when it was mentioned here.

I couldn't care less. But wouldn't bitch at a fix.

I can't believe some people complaining about the front screen blinking for a microsecond or two when changing scenes
It’s not complaining at all. You are missing the sense of these posts.

This forum may be useful for FAS to spot bug or unexpected behavior or to evaluate possible improvements based on community needs.

We are all giving our micro-contribution to make the product we bought and love even better.

No one really cares a damn about the screen blinking as long as it doesn't affect playability but it certainly is not complaining if someone highlights it and brings it to notice of the devs , because it wasn't remotely blinking as much in the previous firmwares.

Major improvements to firmware or models have come from user feedback on. forum, which alot of guys passed as complaining back in the day.
Nobody can make out differences, other than the player himself because they have not had the point of reference.
but when you play your instrument and explore every firmware for what it is, you feel the nuances and it is not necessarily placebo always even if it maybe in many cases.

most people in an audience cannot figure out differences in how distortion sounds anyway, everything sounds the same to them, even more so when the drummer wants to be the loudest, might as well use line 6 spider then.
however with the right ears you certainly can dissect everything and feel the difference and rightly so,

Tone crafting is as much of an art as guitar playing.
in Cliff's words iirc , "some people got great ears , while most others "well well, i need not say more. xD

Last edited:
I can't believe some people complaining about the front screen blinking for a microsecond or two when changing scenes. Seriously??

I've looked at that posted video several times, and I can - with the eye of faith - JUST discern a micromoment of blink. But who cares?

And all these folks claiming to hear "more air", "less air", "tighter bottom end", "bottom end not as tight", "more sag", "less sag", etc etc.

I don't dissect my tones into meaningless words and descriptions that can't be defined. I just play the guitar. I play music. The AxeFx3 is just a tool, part of the instrument chain, albeit a vital part, and microscopic changes to the way it sounds are nothing compared to just changing to a new set of strings! Or changing pick. Or playing slightly differently. And unless you're playing purely solo in a bedroom and never playing in a band or with other instruments in a recording, nobody - i repeat, NOBODY - would pick these micro-differences that some people post about. Sheesh, can make more change just with one little tweak of a single parameter in the mix, either a real hardware mixer or a virtual one in a DAW. And we won't even get started on the effects of room acoustics - including the bedroom.

I know this will be regarded as heresy, but a lot of what's posted sounds like some of the wankery I hear from wine buffs...!

Such a disappointing post….

I love nice wines, go to France on wine runs and being able to have some descriptions of wines help in choosing the correct wine….
Why be insulting about this? It may not be your thing, you may not understand it, but don’t be insulting about it…..no need….

I also love the FX III, and have had some amazing help from this forum after being able to try to describe some of the issues in tone that I had.

If tone is what some people want to really get into - great for them
If playing in a band is what others want to get into and less about tone - great for them

Lets celebrate the great sound from these amazing pieces of technology & the awesome updates that keep rolling out from FAS and try to help improve the unit by our feedback 🥂

I was just reporting a bug, that's it.

"I play guitar, I play music blahblahblahblah"..... Yours seems longer than mine, according to your post.....but is this what it is all about?

I was a long term fractal user (2008 - 2017), since a few weeks I'm back on the fractal route. Thought some guys here had grown up a little, but as it seems it is just the same old game of "dick measurement" ..... if you reporting a bug, all what you get is the attention of fractal fanboys who need to defend FAS by saying how unimportant I am.

And you don’t need to offend anyone or to consider someone better than someone else.

You don’t know what in a person’s life has led him to be “just” a bedroom player with no band, live shows or whatever.
Absolutely no offence intended for anyone, including those who play only for the joy of playing, in their bedroom, home studio, back garden, or wherever. And no connotations of anyone being "better" than anyone else.

My main point was that some of the stuff I read on here falls into that same category as the some descriptions of wines written by wine "experts". And I fully admit that I am not a wine expert in the slightest, so that many of the words used are completely meaningless to me, but when asked to define them, the wine experts I do know can't put them into words.

The other main point was that the FAS firmware is pretty damn close to perfect already, so some of the comments seem to be grasping at microscopic straws.

Last edited:
Has anyone else found that 19.06 converts external expression 1 and 2 to Pedals 1 & 2. All my presets have a volume pedal at the end of the chain......it took a bit of detective work to find out why I was not getting an output.

Has anyone else found that 19.06 converts external expression 1 and 2 to Pedals 1 & 2. All my presets have a volume pedal at the end of the chain......it took a bit of detective work to find out why I was not getting an output.
Yes, mine were changed an wondered why? Just changed them back and all is good. Just glad I noticed before a gig.

Feel free to call me a luddite, but I only made the switch to Cygnus two days ago with 19.06. Could not have been an easier process, and man oh man is there a noticeable difference. Everything just sounds better. Given where I'm coming from, A LOT better.

Such an easy process with Fractal-Bot making everything simple and intuitive. Could not be happier with my Axe III, and am really looking forward to whatever may be in store for us in the future. Huge thanks to FAS!

Back
Top Bottom