Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.06

Awesome update!

What I have noticed is that now when I change a preset, unit's scrieen blinks for a half of a second instead of seamless switching.
It was not like that with 19.06 beta as I remember.

Same here. It's definitely different and not in a good way. It's like the front panel screen goes blank for half a second and then comes one again while scrolling through presets up or down.

Last edited:
As far as I recall 19.05 has a bug that affects the Amp block in a negative way...

Also, everyone uses scenes. You can't not use them... Although you might only use 1 per preset

The main reason I don't use scenes etc is that I don't have an FC12. At AUS $1500 it's a lot of money to switch sounds.
Incidentally the AXE FX III M2 turbo is $4600 in Oz.

I just use an old dumb ADA 12 button midi switcher and it works well for my purposes.
Oh and I forgot! It fit's into the back of the Fractal and Matrix road case along with 2 Dunlop mini expression pedals.
Rack, roadcase, two EV12 boxes, trolly and 2 guitar Mono case and I'm loaded in in one trip.

Bank up and down and 10 presets per bank. With morphing and an expression pedal I can many more sounds within the one bank....it's a kind of poor mans scenes.

I really like the "Bug" in 19.05, thank you and every one else for the info....I would like to keep .06 for all the other bug fixes....who knows, an FC 12 may come on the second hand market for a reasonable price.

Last edited:
Hi - 19.06 seems to have a bug with the display when switching presets - display goes dark and rebuild/reload itself on every preset when scrolling to the presets . I'm now back on 19.04 - works flawless there.....

Hi - 19.06 seems to have a bug with the display when switching presets - display goes dark and rebuild/reload itself on every preset when scrolling to the presets . I'm now back on 19.04 - works flawless there.....

You mean the hardware display?

You mean the hardware display?
Yes.....the 800x480 screen in the AxeFx III (Turbo) - the one driven by a dedicated GPU . Would be a bit funny if this needs to rebuild itself after every simple preset change ;)

Luv the support but release version was thin and fuzzy - very noticeable back to 19.06 beta for me much better now

Luv the support but release version was thin and fuzzy - very noticeable back to 19.06 beta for me much better now
With what amp + impedance curve? Another user and I have posted clips from 19.06b to Official 19.06 with extremely minor, if any, differences. In fact, my EQ Match test was Null between 19.06b and Official 19.06.

With what amp + impedance curve? Another user and I have posted clips from 19.06b to Official 19.06 with extremely minor, if any, differences. In fact, my EQ Match test was Null between 19.06b and Official 19.06.

Hi Brian - Highpower normal with auto impedance - no biggie all systems different especially using headphones so doesn't take much to skew them

Also using York IR'S

Just noodled and played with metronome, did some practice, then noodled over some bacing tracks.
FFS this thing. This Axe FX, since FW 18 especially. I just can't get enough of it. It brings out every little nuance of my guitars, and it's like I'm in this awesome discovery phase again of learning how to get little tiny changes in technique to "play" with the gain structure, the feel, it's AWESOME.
Getting it to tuck into a premixed backing track is much easier these last few updates.

It's like the constant satiation of GAS, you know? Bwa ha ha

What I see and what has been reported by others is that the screen "blinks" at preset change. It's not as smooth as it was before.

yepp, and if you use the dial knob it can „blink“ for half a second.....only at 19.06 😌

I think it sounds really good , Its a tad brighter maybe but the lows are a bit tighter , a bit more clarity and pick attack
if anything at least on the model I am playing through the Triple crowns I would say it has a bit less compression and Saturation more open and dynamic , but still easy to get sustain , harmonics

What I see and what has been reported by others is that the screen "blinks" at preset change. It's not as smooth as it was before.

I did this test before and after moving from 19.6 beta to official 19.6 and noticed this same issue as well. Surely Cliff will be able to solve it in future releases.

Another thing I noticed from this release is a greater tendency for clean sounds to break up when the Wah wah is engaged, especially in the high frequency range of the Wah. I'm having a hard time keeping the audio clean with the wah wah now, even turning down the drive on the amp block.

I make these comments constructively going forward. Thanks in advance to Cliff and his team for giving us such wonderful releases that keep us constantly entertained with this great product!

Back
Top Bottom