Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.06

Hi All,
I've been trying to update my Axe-FXIII to 19.06 but the fractal-bot keeps stopping after around 10% and says "No response received, ensure unit is connected and powered on". I've restarted multiple times, upgraded the windows driver and the USB firmware and reinstalled the Bot - no success.
Any ideas would be very welcome!
Cheers!
Hi All,
I've managed to get the update through - it was happening even on another computer! What I think it came down to was that I was powering the Axe-FX3 from a big lithium ion power bank along with my amps - its great for eliminating ground loops with multiple amps. When I put it back to the mains and restarted, it sorted the problem....not sure what the technical reason for that is...

Hi All,
I've managed to get the update through - it was happening even on another computer! What I think it came down to was that I was powering the Axe-FX3 from a big lithium ion power bank along with my amps - its great for eliminating ground loops with multiple amps. When I put it back to the mains and restarted, it sorted the problem....not sure what the technical reason for that is...
Noisy inverter. Probably not a true sine inverter. Those are really only intended to run things like motors (refrigerators, etc.), lights, etc.

Hope I don’t have that problem!

I’m getting real close to firing up my mobile recording studio/tiny home in my van I’ve been building.

I bought the best true sine inverter out there and then I put it in a stainless steel Faraday box.

Hopefully I killed any RF noise.

Haven't upgraded from 19.01 because of playing live & didn't have time to tweak our presets as needed, just in case, but we upgraded tonight and it sounds absolutely incredible.

Just when you think it can't feel and sound better, it does every time.

Bravo Fractal team.

Hello. I will take advantage of this forum to request (only because requesting does not cost anything... :p) an addition that I understand would be useful (or at least it would be for me)
I would love for the CAB block to have a button so that it takes the original speaker settings from the Amp model selected in the AMP block. I think it would be convenient to put together a new user preset, start with the original configuration and then play with other combinations from there. It would save me researching which is the original standard speaker of the amplifier that I am selecting or looking for the factory preset that this amplifier "x" has to copy its CAB module.

I leave it as an idea if it were possible in future releases and if it would be useful for more users to have this option.

Greetings to all

Hello. I will take advantage of this forum to request (only because requesting does not cost anything... :p) an addition that I understand would be useful (or at least it would be for me)
I would love for the CAB block to have a button so that it takes the original speaker settings from the Amp model selected in the AMP block. I think it would be convenient to put together a new user preset, start with the original configuration and then play with other combinations from there. It would save me researching which is the original standard speaker of the amplifier that I am selecting or looking for the factory preset that this amplifier "x" has to copy its CAB module.

I leave it as an idea if it were possible in future releases and if it would be useful for more users to have this option.

Greetings to all
This belongs in the Wish List forum, doesn't really have anything to do with it a Firmware Update.

It's also been wished for in the past...

I perceive a pretty big difference in the sound of my main preset with Friedman BE C45 and Dizzy V4 Silver 2. Not digging it as much. Could very well just be my ears today. I've had days where it sounds perfect and others that it hits me as "bleh" when no changes are made.
I'm not sure (and apologies if others have posted about this, I did search before posting but only found the older threads), but it seems like the Dizzy V4 Silver 2 / 3 naming bug is back. Silver 3 sounds like channel 2, especially given Silver 3 sounds like it has a treble peaker on it since it's WAY brighter than Silver 2 (with the Bright switch is off). Silver 2 sounds more like the VH4 channel 3 we know and love to my ears.

Can't speak for the BE C45 model, though. @FractalAudio ?

It is interesting to me that with 19.06 I am able to get rid of the drive block I was using in front of the Energyball model. I was using the Micro Boost drive at low gain as a third stage to mimic my modded 3 gain stage JCM800.

Now I no longer need for the extra gain structure or as much tone sculpting in the input stage of the Amp Block. I turn up the input to 10, master at 1.3 and I get a full sounding, detailed overdrive I had to work much harder to get before. I also discovered that a lower master volume allows me to use a lower speaker compression setting, which further smooths out the tone and allows better control of how the low end bunches up on palm mutes.

I have gone back-and-forth with new firmware between putting Drive Blocks in front of the Amp Block and just using preamp gain. But this is the simplest signal path and best sounding gain structure I have ever had. Thanks Cliff for all the great work!

Anyone else had a similar experience of being able to get better high gain sounds with just the Amp Block on 19.06?

I used preset #297 Mr. Gilmour Lead all the time. It sounded excellent. Brett Kingman created a video on YT. I was thrilled. After the update with V 19.06 this preset is no longer usable. It sounds completely harsh and exaggerated. Unusable. What did firmware 19.06 change? Can anyone understand this?
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...C944E05AA38B12351CCBC94&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

I was so in love with this preset. What can I do? I shot at the Amp Settings, but without any success so far. This is not about small adjustments.

Last edited:
I used preset #297 Mr. Gilmour Lead all the time. It sounded excellent. Brett Kingman created a video on YT. I was thrilled. After the update with V 19.06 this preset is no longer usable. It sounds completely harsh and exaggerated. Unusable. What did firmware 19.06 change? Can anyone understand this?
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...C944E05AA38B12351CCBC94&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

I was so in love with this preset. What can I do? I shot at the Amp Settings, but without any success so far. This is not about small adjustments.
Oh I need to go check - I’ve used that preset as well on some recordings.

Maybe one of your expression pedals isn't working correctly. Try deleting Pitch and Wah blocks from the preset to see if you can determine where the problem might be.

Maybe one of your expression pedals isn't working correctly. Try deleting Pitch and Wah blocks from the preset to see if you can determine where the problem might be.
Have you checked the preset yourself and it sounds ok? Please check scene 1 with the bridge pickup.
My pedal is fine and the factory preset has no pitch or wah blocks. I have not made any changes to the factory preset.

Last edited:

Hi. I tried the preset and it sounds fine here. I would not describe it as harsh or exaggerated.

Guitar: Gibson Les Paul Custom (dark sounding guitar)
Bridge Pickup: Stock Gibson 498T (higher output pickup)
Headphones: Sony MDR-7510 model

I did have to lower the level in the Amp Block as it was a little too close to clipping the output for me. But otherwise, it is functioning and sounding fine here. If you could provide more information on your setup that would be very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom