Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.06 Public Beta

Sorry I’m very late to the party. Forgive my ignorance but I use a very simple approach when playing live shows with my band and have a very basic knowledge of the AxE in general. What I’d like to do is have my songs in a column and a set list in the other column. All my songs have scenes and I don’t need sections. I simply would like to drag songs from the song column and put them in sequence of the order of the sets we’re playing (our sets are never the same).Then I could just preset+ for the next song from the FC12.
Is this something possible with this update? Hope that makes sense? 🤷🏼‍♂️
create up to 128 Songs, but only put 1 Section in each.

on the FC, maybe put a "Song Increment +1" on some Hold switch, and the rest of your switches can be direct Scene switches.

adjust the set as needed, rearrange songs if needed, hold that switch to go to the next song and it will load the "section" which is just the needed Preset, and use the Scenes like normal.

benefit is you can grab a preset from anywhere in the stored memory, then rearrange them as needed once they are "songs."

Don’t play out but tried the songs feature for fun tonight.

Wow! So much fun and can’t believe the switching speed - even between wildly different presets. Anyone who says this doesn’t switch fast enough…..

Well you’ve never used a multi-channel amp and midi rig.

Also (very late to the party) loving the performance page

I'm using an M1 Mac Mini running Big Sur 11.6.4. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but when using the new Setlists/Songs settings in FC Edit, both the FC and the onscreen version of the mini-display sometimes only shows 9 out of 10 characters. For example, the 'Setlist' function only shows 9 characters for all 3 options, but allows you to enter a 15 character setlist name. The 'Song' function only shows 9 characters for 'Select in Set'. Section Name allows 9 characters maximum.

I'm using an M1 Mac Mini running Big Sur 11.6.4. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but when using the new Setlists/Songs settings in FC Edit, both the FC and the onscreen version of the mini-display sometimes only shows 9 out of 10 characters. For example, the 'Setlist' function only shows 9 characters for all 3 options, but allows you to enter a 15 character setlist name. The 'Song' function only shows 9 characters for 'Select in Set'. Section Name allows 9 characters maximum.
I can't reproduce this on an M1 MacBook running Big Sur 11.6.4
I can only enter 10 characters, and all 10 are shown in both places in the FC-Edit panel of Axe-Edit.

Attachments

• Axe-Edit III 2022-04-07 21-20-30.png
    Axe-Edit III 2022-04-07 21-20-30.png
    107 KB · Views: 27
The set/song thing is so cool. I'm old so I won't use it, but I love that Fractal implemented it.

I did however notice the fix in the amp block. Thank you.

After updating the firmware and trying out the new setlist function... i have once again lost my external stand-in switch that i use for "Tuner". It only seems to be able to control layouts now. WTF? When i go to program it on the face of the axefxIII it only allows me to use it for selecting layouts.

Is there some new way of programming the tuner to external stand-in switch FC SW 1?

I can't reproduce this on an M1 MacBook running Big Sur 11.6.4
I can only enter 10 characters, and all 10 are shown in both places in the FC-Edit panel of Axe-Edit.
Your picture shows a Custom Label. I'm using "Manage Setlists & Songs". I changed switch #6 to show Setlist data.Screen Shot 2022-04-07 at 9.40.02 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-04-07 at 9.42.24 PM.png

I see the same behavior DougB415 posted above in Windows 10, so it's not Mac OS specific. Setlist Name only displays 9 characters on the switch LCD and Section Name can only take 9 characters as well.

Last edited:
After updating the firmware and trying out the new setlist function... i have once again lost my external stand-in switch that i use for "Tuner". It only seems to be able to control layouts now. WTF? When i go to program it on the face of the axefxIII it only allows me to use it for selecting layouts.

Is there some new way of programming the tuner to external stand-in switch FC SW 1?
You don't assign functions to stand-in switches. You assign it to an existing switch in one of your layouts that it will "stand in" for. Point it to whichever switch in your layouts is set up to control the tuner.

Just updated and...THANK YOU!

I will use it for preset management and it is super useful, easy to organize everything as I need!
I can definitely stay in 1 Layout to do everything on the FC-12. :cool:

Set lists look pretty cool! If I were to use this when it comes to the FM3, I would want to use it to also set the tempo for each song. Any idea if that is planned?

I confirmed the discrepancies you reported and this is being fixed today.

The character limit should be 10 characters in all cases: Setlist Name, Song Name, and Section Name.

Thanks @DougB415

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom