Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.06 Public Beta

Wow! The sections implementation is so modular. I've had times in the past where a song used two presets and this would be perfect for that! Also there are MANY times I have several worship presets where I have said, well, dang, for this song, I really need to use scene 1, 2 and 3 of Preset A, and then scene 7 of Preset B. But the thought of merging both presets into one was a pain.

Edit: And yes for the first case I did use layout links which worked great. But this method of organizing seems easier for me :)

So I just read the manual on the new Setlist/Songs feature and I am really excited to give it a try. Based on what I read there however, I am wondering if there is a solution to how I would like to use it.

So I have a song that has 3 verses, 3 choruses, a bridge and intro/outro (read as 9 sections). What I would like is to be able to cycle with a single switch through those 9 sections. Based on the last detail in the manual, I can use the Song/Section Inc/Dec to accomplish this, except I have 9 sections in my song and only 6 section options in this new feature. Any thoughts on how I might be able to do this (i.e. switch in order between 9 sections)? It would be so cool to just keep hitting switch 1 all through the song ;~))

So I have a song that has 3 verses, 3 choruses, a bridge and intro/outro (read as 9 sections).
What I would like is to be able to cycle with a single switch through those 9 sections.
Option 1: Treat it as two songs: one with 6 sections and the other with 3. Switching to the 2nd song when you want section 7.
Option 2: Treat it as nine songs, each with one section, and use a Song +1 switch to proceed through them.

No, songs do not store the tempo.
Thanks. Maybe not possible but would be a nice option. A few use cases:

If using presets as more of a method to store 'sounds'. Three songs may use Scene 2 of Preset 200 for a specific sound. But you wouldn't want preset 200 to have the same tempo for each song that used it. So if selecting Song Sections could also set tempo at the time it was selected it would be very modular. Maybe I'm thinking too far into the weeds now. Maybe something like an internal tempo select when Song Section is fired off.

There are also times when for certain setlists we may change tempo of a song. Having that contained under the Song itself instead of setting it each preset would be handy.

Very much appreciate what has been given already with this feature. Just providing some feedback. Not to sound like a thankless soul!

Option 1: Treat it as two songs: one with 6 sections and the other with 3. Switching to the 2nd song when you want section 7.
Option 2: Treat it as nine songs, each with one section, and use a Song +1 switch to proceed through them.
Thanks! That is an option (the one listed before your reply was edited, now listed as option 2), but I would then be limited (based on what I have read) to 4 actual songs per set list (32 songs per set) for a total of 16 songs across all 4 set lists if each were to have 8 sections.

With option 1 (in your edited post), that would open up some space, but I would prefer to have 12 sections available rather than 6 as I believe it would accommodate I think most songs (with the 3 verse, 3 chorus, bridge, intro/outro) setups. I LOVE this new feature and will use it either way, just saying that I think for me, I would like to have more "sections" available per song! Thanks for the quick replies!!

Are songs/sections able to be called through MIDI? I could imagine that this could make automated preset/song changes very easy for those who use backing tracks. Although, I'm sure it's not that hard to program in the preset/scene in the tracking computer, but being able to manage the songs/sections on the AxeFX itself would make it easier for a guitarist to make changes that without having to edit the track session on the computer.

In Axe Edit All of my patches are showing the all of the amp names as "59 Bassguy Bright".

In Axe Edit All of my patches are showing the all of the amp names as "59 Bassguy Bright".
Did you upgrade Axe-Edit to the new version mentioned in the first post of this thread?
Did you perform Refresh After New Firmware in the "Tools" menu?

Back
Top Bottom