Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.05

excited to hear/feel this next time I play
Same!

Just in time for my first "getting-to-know-you" jam with a local drummer and bassist (tomorrow, so I have time to test-drive before I meet these guys.) That would not be happening except for FAS. First I bought an FM3 last July, then had to have the Turbo, and suddenly now I am auditioning again to play live.

Thanks to FAS. Changed my life for the better.

The Scene Revert feature does seem to address part of the problem of trying to keep your dry/core tones separate from effects. But it requires more tap dancing than I was hoping for. It does appear to be a slightly better option than the control-switch bypass trick.

I don't see how we can group certain "Scene Ignored" blocks together with a simple foot switch push. If I want to change my Amp/Cab is that possible with one-button push now? I don't think so.

I was personally hoping each Block would have an option to be ignored on a Per-Scene level. Similar to how CS switches show On/Off/Last. If it was implemented this way, then I could use a few scenes to control my DRY tones, and the rest for Wet only.

Edit: Another alternate wish if you missed it. FC feature to allow changing multiple blocks at once. This would have opened up a bigger door for those of us that would like to have various "layers" that you can put on and take off at will.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/channel-groups-and-bypass-groups.173736/

Last edited:
In 19.04, it seems that the presets got a smaller gap when you go up and down. Are we in the limits already or we can hope to have even more gapless things for this and with channels in axe 3?

Heres an example.
If you use a pitch block at the beginning of the chain to allow a semitone detune (to play some songs in Eb when needed), youd want that to be engaged on all scenes when the detune was needed, and disengaged on all scenes when playing in standard tuning. So you can get that block to ignore scene changes and it will now stay engaged/or disengaged across all scenes as required.
great explanation, thanks! That will be useful on my presets that feature a virtual capo 👍

I'm testing it , i dont notice a sound difference really .

just a note, the presence knob in the engl powerball : when you turn it at max, it remove the high frequency . to 9 to 10 something special happened

Just for confirmation: The ignore function basically allows to have a channel on, then change to a scene where it originally wasn't on and have it stay on?
I.e. scene 1 clean -> scene 2 dirty with chorus (ignored) -> scene 2 clean with chorus?

Back
Top Bottom