Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.02 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
BUG: Stand-in switches aren't working right for me. I have 4 stand-in switches connected to my FC-6. They are supposed to jump to the following layouts: 1. Presets / 2. Scenes / 3. FX1 / 4. FX2. Nothing happens now. Going back to 19.01.

Exactly? You program DSPs and want the source code?
Where did i ask for the code?

Its a parameter i use very frequently , on alot of my presets , and knowing what was incorrect with the previously modelled version would help me understand and use the new fix better.

Just For eg , Is it a default value fix for the ratio?

Or is it a fix that helps you undermatch or overmatch more accurately.

Or is there something else that was an issue about it considering its global?

Or was it because of the recent power amp / tube update, resulting in recalculating the ratios to make sure at default or changed settings the tubes dont saturate earlier or later than intended to not result in any unwanted overmatching/ undermatching.

Just some examples of why i asked ‘ exactly’.

Last edited:
BUG: Stand-in switches aren't working right for me. I have 4 stand-in switches connected to my FC-6. They are supposed to jump to the following layouts: 1. Presets / 2. Scenes / 3. FX1 / 4. FX2. Nothing happens now. Going back to 19.01.
Same here, I use two Stand In Switches, set ti toggle up & down through Scenes, and they don't work with the Beta. Gone back to 19.01 also...

Well poop. Going back to 19.01 gives me an inactive FC-6 with blank mini displays. The main display shows that I am on the first preset, which is not the preset that I was on when I shut down. I'm on FC FW 1.11.

Well poop. Going back to 19.01 gives me an inactive FC-6 with blank mini displays. The main display shows that I am on the first preset, which is not the preset that I was on when I shut down. I'm on FC FW 1.11.
Latest fc firmware is 1.12 but i doubt it's related

Once i updated with this firmware update, FC SW1 which i had programmed for a button for recalling the tuner has now turned into a preset bank increase function.... It seems i cannot get it back to a tuner function. Am i missing something?

Same here, I use two Stand In Switches, set ti toggle up & down through Scenes, and they don't work with the Beta. Gone back to 19.01 also...
Did it work for you? I'm stuck right now - my FC-6 is basically dead in the water and I'd like to reload my last system backup, but it says to make sure that the target device is on the same firmware as was used for the backup. I have no idea what firmware was used, all I know is that I created it on Nov 30th.

EDIT: Looks like I was on FW 17.02 when I backed it up. I'll reload it, then try to reload my system backup files. Yet another reason to always do a full backup when trying new firmware. One of these days I'll learn.

Last edited:
@FractalAudio
Very grateful for these awesome features, can't wait to dig in. I updated and think I found some bugs, bear with me. I haven't changed any of these paramenters in months. I use stand in switches on all 4 of my external pedals on my FC. They used to function as follows:

FC1 SW1
Tap - Tempo
Hold - Tuner

FC1 SW2
Tap - Reveal
Hold - CS3 (for reverb mix)

FC1 SW3
Tap - Layout 3
Hold - Layout +1

FC1 SW4
Tap - Layout 1
Hold - Layout 2

Now none of the hold functions work on any of these, and the new (automatically changed/assigned) tap functions are as follows:

FC1 SW1
Tap - Tuner
Hold - nothing

FC1 SW2
Tap - Preset +1
Hold - nothing

FC1 SW3
Tap - Scene 8
Hold - nothing

FC1 SW4
Tap - Scene 7
Hold - nothing

Is there something I'm missing? These all look to be set up correctly in my FC (see attached pics)

PXL_20220218_212541586.jpgFC.jpgAE.jpg

Did it work for you? I'm stuck right now - my FC-6 is basically dead in the water and I'd like to reload my last system backup, but it says to make sure that the target device is on the same firmware as was used for the backup. I have no idea what firmware was used, all I know is that I created it on Nov 30th.

EDIT: Looks like I was on FW 1 Beta 1 when I backed it up. I'll reload it, then try to reload my system backup files. Yet another reason to always do a full backup when trying new firmware. One of these days I'll learn.
I installed the previous FW and the backup I’d done prior to the update. Rebooted and all OK again.

Update. Just rolled back to 19.01 and all my layouts were gone. Fortunately I have an old backup, although it is several months old. I'm usually really good about backing up presets and layouts, but definitely going to be more diligent about that in the future.

Update. Just rolled back to 19.01 and all my layouts were gone. Fortunately I have an old backup, although it is several months old. I'm usually really good about backing up presets and layouts, but definitely going to be more diligent about that in the future.
Same here. Apparently I last backed up right when 18 Beta came out. Oops. But yeah, it looks like 19.02 has issues with the FC changes.

New 5F8 Tweed stuff LFG!

Where should I set the new drive control so it’s similar to the old model to start?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom