Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.00

As alway's cubase was indeed downgrading to 44.1 (OEPS! :eek: ) That's whay the cracling started as well of course (should have known pfff)

Which bit settings would you advice? (See thread answer above for all details.

Now I have improved all my settings again (See above) and it's way better. Only thing is now to match volume and getting everything at 0DB level. But with these settings I can not get higher then halfway even if I put all sliders to MAX............

Any suggestion?

PS: Super Big Compliment as a new Axe FX 3 user (upgraded from axe fx 2 MKI jan 2022)

With AXE FX 2 I never really liked the fenders to match real amp feel, there was something that was not right in some way. But with FW19 on axe fx 3 cygnus it's reacting really like a tube amp. I can bearly hear any difference in attack and feel. AXE FX 2 was close, and with tweaking I could get nice results. But with axe fx 3, fw 19 and cygnus engine it's soooooo close. And also the Dumble feels super great as before I didn't understand why people liked this amp hahaha.

Also latency has improved and I get good results. I especially notice that there is less phasing when I monitor in Cubase and also have direct out.

Any suggestion on proper leveling!? (as I'm sure it's me! and not axe fx)

Think I fixed it. Will see if I can even improve more. It's definitely improved in latest testrecording.
PS: This is the BLADE and not the SRV guitar(!)

Would you mind sharing this preset, sounds great!

Would you mind sharing this preset, sounds great!
Of Course, although it will sound different on you guitar and speakers. And I did not have proper IR's. If you use it, can you please make an example of your sound as I'm trying to get my UNTREATHED home "studio" better as well. It's not a perfect preset as I did not look al all the boost and TS settings. So you definitely have to tweak to your needs and room and guitar ;)

Attachments

• SRV.fasBundle
    34.9 KB · Views: 38
still hoping for the authentic/ideal on the power tube swap , I think that would be awesome also for tube types a JJ34L
and the new mullard preamp CV4004 that DZL and a lot of the builders are using , would be great , ultimately being able to swap preamp tubes in the V1 and V2 slots would be cool but I know that would be a lot of work

Hi there!
My AF3mk2 arrived just yesterday and I immidiately installed the new firmware. Everything is very nice but I noticed some display glitch when noodeling with pitch block. Here it is.
It appears when I change channels from dual detune to virtual capo with config page selected. If I select other page and return to config glitch disappears.
View attachment 16435279415276447462955692055471.jpg

Last edited:
As alway's cubase was indeed downgrading to 44.1 (OEPS! :eek: ) That's whay the cracling started as well of course (should have known pfff)

Which bit settings would you advice? (See thread answer above for all details.

Now I have improved all my settings again (See above) and it's way better. Only thing is now to match volume and getting everything at 0DB level. But with these settings I can not get higher then halfway even if I put all sliders to MAX............

Any suggestion?

PS: Super Big Compliment as a new Axe FX 3 user (upgraded from axe fx 2 MKI jan 2022)

With AXE FX 2 I never really liked the fenders to match real amp feel, there was something that was not right in some way. But with FW19 on axe fx 3 cygnus it's reacting really like a tube amp. I can bearly hear any difference in attack and feel. AXE FX 2 was close, and with tweaking I could get nice results. But with axe fx 3, fw 19 and cygnus engine it's soooooo close. And also the Dumble feels super great as before I didn't understand why people liked this amp hahaha.

Also latency has improved and I get good results. I especially notice that there is less phasing when I monitor in Cubase and also have direct out.

Any suggestion on proper leveling!? (as I'm sure it's me! and not axe fx)

Think I fixed it. Will see if I can even improve more. It's definitely improved in latest testrecording.
PS: This is the BLADE and not the SRV guitar(!)

Try setting up a Template at 48k and save. Cubase doesn't downgrade on it's own IME.

Hi there!
My AF3mk2 arrived just yesterday and I immidiately installed the new firmware. Everything is very nice but I noticed some display glitch when noodeling with pitch block. Here it is.
It appears when I change channels from dual detune to virtual capo with config page selected. If I select other page and return to config glitch disappears.
View attachment 95116
that is indeed odd. I cant repro it.

Of Course, although it will sound different on you guitar and speakers. And I did not have proper IR's. If you use it, can you please make an example of your sound as I'm trying to get my UNTREATHED home "studio" better as well. It's not a perfect preset as I did not look al all the boost and TS settings. So you definitely have to tweak to your needs and room and guitar ;)
TU!

that is indeed odd. I cant repro it.
Yeah, it's definitely a little bug.
No need to use my preset. We tried it on other device (same mk2), problem is allready there.

Step by step instructions:
1. Place "Pitch 1" block on grid.
2. Press "Edit" and choose "Virtual Capo" for channel A. Leave "Dual Detune" for channel B.
3. Staying on channel A press ">>" to go to page "Config".
4. Press softbutton "CHANNEL +" (Encoder B).
5. PROFIT: You can see at top-left that type is now "Dual Detune", but controls doesn't change to proper ones.
6. Press "<<" and then press ">>".
7. Ta-daaa: you see a proper controls for "Dual Detune".

I think it's not a big problem but I really-really like to make presets from scratch with front panel and this thing scared me a little))

Attachments

• AAAA.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 0
Grid Bias works really well with 19.0 - I haven't installed 19.01 yet, but really having fun with this !

Can you also share a soundsample?

(PS: the preset is not exactly the same as I was trying to match something and see how it sounds and I hear now that I have changed attack and some other settings so it will not be 100% the same as you expect from previous recording!

I had a chance to try out your preset last night and it sounds great through my set-up. I’m simply running the Axe straight out to a pair of Adam A7x’s. What is the IR you used attached to the bundle? I’ve never actually tried to record anything, I have work on that as well.

I had a chance to try out your preset last night and it sounds great through my set-up. I’m simply running the Axe straight out to a pair of Adam A7x’s. What is the IR you used attached to the bundle? I’ve never actually tried to record anything, I have work on that as well.
I use adams as well. Have to check whichs irs.

Tell you what, when I bought the AF2 (10 years ago) it replaced the rest of my gear and the heart of it was a custom made (my specs) Metro Super Lead (early '69 specs mainly) with several modifications to be able to swap power tubes easily. In my case I was using ancient Mullard EL34's, Winged C EL34's, old RFTs EL34's, JJE34Ls (never bonded with those), a quad of contemporary 6550 Tungsols classified as "late gain" and many more. I was swapping power tubes all the time as it was easy to bias them etc (very large external resistance range 10-turn bias pot etc).

The differences were instantly obvious at all volumes and under any condition. And back then the TS 6550s were my favorites, again at all volumes and I don't use distortions.

As much as I loved my AF2 (spent 9 whole years with it) and now my AF3, swapping tubes on these devices was never satisfactory for me as I had a real world experience with tube swapping on my Super Lead.

I would much prefer if the transconductance was put in the sound/behaviour equation of yours at least maybe the results would be more realistic. But, hey, what do I know. ;)

PS: with EL34s the differences were even more obvious when the volume was wide open, it was very easy to observe the differences in sound, behaviour, compression, how "controlled" the amp remains or not, how the bass frequencies were behaving or if they were all over the place etc. Going from any EL34 quad to a 6550 was night and day accross all volumes, frequently-wise, gain-wise etc. That's my experience.

And I quote myself...remember that Metroamp of mine? I had the chance to play with it again (with a full stack loaded with '69 30W H55s) but this time loaded with a quad of NOS Marconi BVA KT66s...three times in 10 days, several hours each time, volume anywhere from 1 to 10...

And once again, the difference was night and day (compared with the 6550's and any EL34's I've tried it out on this amp), the 6550s used to be my favorites for this amp, well...scratch that...the way they those KT66s handle the bass freqs, great mids and pleasant highs...nirvana...

But I digress, I think I made my point several posts ago...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom