Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 16.04

This firmware and updated factory presets simply rock!! The generosity of FAS and dedication to 'improving' their products is beyond incredible. Since personally getting the Axe III, they have added 2 amp models, several amp mods/channels, 2 new delay models, 3 reverb models, 9 drives and countless tweaks to the modeling platform and effects algorithms. Then, if that's not enough, they ported their new modeling algorithm to the current devices- show me any other company that takes new technology and basically gives it away to their current customers.

Then there's the commitment to ensuring the best possible experience for the user through identifying, troubleshooting, confirming and fixing bugs in a very short amount of time. The support we receive on this forum is amazing. Finally, asking the users for their suggestions of new pedals, amps, features etc..., then implementing a number of them as well as having their customers beta test their new features.

Thank you doesn't seem to even come close to honoring what they do day in and day out - but THANK YOU!!

Anyone seeing this compressor bug that I posted about here: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/bug-compressor-issues-with-16-03-16-04.174128/
I'm surprised it hasn't come up in this thread. Hoping to see if more people are experiencing this by cross posting.
I tested the issue again today with 2 new presets, just in, comp & out blocks with the comp type different in each preset. Also, this only seems to affect the compressor in the default scene that loads up when you select the presets.

Last edited:
This firmware and updated factory presets simply rock!! The generosity of FAS and dedication to 'improving' their products is beyond incredible. Since personally getting the Axe III, they have added 2 amp models, several amp mods/channels, 2 new delay models, 3 reverb models, 9 drives and countless tweaks to the modeling platform and effects algorithms. Then, if that's not enough, they ported their new modeling algorithm to the current devices- show me any other company that takes new technology and basically gives it away to their current customers.

Then there's the commitment to ensuring the best possible experience for the user through identifying, troubleshooting, confirming and fixing bugs in a very short amount of time. The support we receive on this forum is amazing. Finally, asking the users for their suggestions of new pedals, amps, features etc..., then implementing a number of them as well as having their customers beta test their new features.

Thank you doesn't seem to even come close to honoring what they do day in and day out - but THANK YOU!!
Well said sir! and I couldn't agree more.

+1

A forum discussion occurs related to the rotary block where a couple of posts suggest there could be room for improvement in the rotary's drive parameter, but nothing went to the wish list afaik.
FF NEXT DAY!, fw drops with improved rotary drive. No other company does this - not a gushy fanboy comment🤮 - just an observation.

Last edited:
Once again . It’s been a while … 2 weeks ?
output 1 at max , need to reboot the unit

it happens to you ?

but seriously, a similar thing was happening to me a while back - there was an issue (now fixed afaik - see here) with an extreme/uncommon mod rate setting crashing Axefx.

Once again . It’s been a while … 2 weeks ?
output 1 at max , need to reboot the unit

it happens to you ?

It happened to me yesterday, while moving the output block from one line to another at Axe-Edit. The headphones almost crushed my skull.

I've replicated the operation (headphones unplugged, of course), but it doesn't happen again

Did it happen to you while editing, or just playing?

Last edited:
Noodled with some stuff here, including the @Admin M@ auto pan preset.

One minor note:
The HIGHER the compander threshold the more prominent the effect. It's the threshold that makes the compander do what it does. An ideal compander would have a threshold of negative infinity dB. A real compander suffers from a finite detection threshold which is what causes the softening of the transients.

The ubiquitous NE570/SA571 has a threshold of about -60 dB so that's the default.

Back
Top Bottom