Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 16.02

I'm in big trouble!
I can not decide!
Power Amp Modeling Off - Cabinet Modeling Active
I am using this Setup situation!
But this is not life-like!
Because there is no such thing in reality!
However, when I turn on the Power Amp Modeling On position I get a very different sound, Which is ugly to my ears!
So my question is!
Which position is best for use?
Power Amp Modeling Off ?! or Power Amp Modeling On ?!
This feature has just reached my mind!
What is the generally accepted type of use?
Or which is the recommended type of use!
You may have had such an issue!
But the way I asked the question, I don’t get a clear answer!
Sorry for my ignorance!
Thank you for your answers!
What is the rest of your rig? Meaning what amp and cab are you playing the AXE FX through?

I just saw that the the last FM3 beta fw added an option to choose between unity gain and line level for out 2, could we have the same option for out 3 and 4 please? 🥺

Thanks

Noob question. When it comes to the input either in the global setting or in the input block would we look to set the input level so it is barely into the red like one would do with an amp sim like a Neural product ? Or would we just plug in and go just like its a real amp? When I set up an input block and an output block I have to trim the input to -6db to stay out of peaking red in the output block. I'm curious by this because I picked the djentmanly preset and it is way over saturated so I turned the input block down -6db and it sounds Djenty then and not over saturated. I'm running bare knuckles so I know they are hot pickups. Any clarity would be appreciated I guess I'm basically asking is do we have to gain stage the input before we hit the amp?

Last edited:
Noob question. When it comes to the input either in the global setting or in the input block would we look to set the input level so it is barely into the red like one would do with an amp sim like a Neural product ? Or would we just plug in and go just like its a real amp? When I set up an input block and an output block I have to trim the input to -6db to stay out of peaking red in the output block. I'm curious by this because I picked the djentmanly preset and it is way over saturated so I turned the input block down -6db and it sounds Djenty then and not over saturated. I'm running bare knuckles so I know they are hot pickups. Any clarity would be appreciated I guess I'm basically asking is do we have to gain stage the input before we hit the amp?
Hi !
Nothing must be in red
You have many solutions for this . Input gain yes , but most of the time just turn the level of the amp block down and that’s all . Use the leveler tool in axe edit , and turn down the level of the amp . Even with really hot pickups I don’t need to touch more than this most of the time

Hi !
Nothing must be in red
You have many solutions for this . Input gain yes , but most of the time just turn the level of the amp block down and that’s all . Use the leveler tool in axe edit , and turn down the level of the amp . Even with really hot pickups I don’t need to touch more than this most of the time
Thanks for the response, I do use the level tool to keep things -12dbish on the output before I go into my DAW, its the input stage I am curious what other people are doing. Do you gain stage before the amp or just plug in and go?

Thank you for that, I have read this and that is what I am doing with the initial input for STNR in the converters. My question is about the actual input signal from the input block into the drive or amp block. When recording straight into the DAW to use a plugin I typically gain stage the DI signal to -12 db give or take to make sure the signal is not too hot before it hits the amp sim. I am just wondering if we are to treat the AXFX like a plugin and gain stage or do we just plug in and go like its a real amp.

Uses a York Audio IR shared on this forum. Ive also had problems with 2 amps presets that use factory IR's.

Attachments

• Justin's Fenders (Bassman 4x10).syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 6
To clarify, I know there is no Authentic page for the AF3; it's showing up on the Tone page of the AF3 with Authentic Tone Control Display selected in Global Settings.

Back
Top Bottom