Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 16.02

That's for Axe-Edit only... It has no impact on how the Axe Fx sounds.

Yes, I realise that, but I did it anyway in case Axe-Edit was transferring parameter settings to presets from the previous iteration of the FW. I switched to the Mumbles preset using Axe-Edit, and didn't want to confuse the issue, so did the Refresh thing to be sure.

And yes, the more I think about it, the more I realise it was an unnecessary step ;)

I am not a big fan of this latest update. I prefer 16.01. I went back and forth a few times and this update definitely wrecked my presets.
I did this as well. I have a gig Saturday and it affected things. I did not have time to even have a go of it much. Playing with 16.01 and will update when gold standard released.

I did this as well. I have a gig Saturday and it affected things. I did not have time to even have a go of it much. Playing with 16.01 and will update when gold standard released.
I am not a big fan of this latest update. I prefer 16.01. I went back and forth a few times and this update definitely wrecked my presets.
Just curious as to how this adversely changed your presets
IIRC you didn’t like one of the beta or original 16.0
i thought most of this update was going after the Class A chime
is it darker now to bright what is it in the tone that changed that you dont care for
just always curious to hear

It may be placebo because Cliff mentioned that the Class A amps will benefit from this update, but the AC20 12AX7 Treble is sounding really good. Full, crunchy, and if you roll off the input trim, very chimey.

Love this update. I don’t know what exactly bias excursion did, but the distortion character is really pleasing. Could be a bit of placebo effect, but everything just works with only BMT tweaks.
All the reworked presets sound fantastic - sorta darker as compared to how other preset makers do it, but very useable and easily tweaked. Most IRs work really well, including all the factory ones that I’ve ignored for so long.

Just curious as to how this adversely changed your presets
IIRC you didn’t like one of the beta or original 16.0
i thought most of this update was going after the Class A chime
is it darker now to bright what is it in the tone that changed that you dont care for
just always curious to hear

In the latest update, the Super Reverb Normal and Super Verb Vibrato sound very strange when driven by a drive pedal. I use to be able to get excellent crunch tones with those amps, but now they have this odd resonance in the low mids that sound like a blown speaker and they no longer sound good to me with a drive pedal. I have had these presets since the Axe-FX II days and this is the first time they ever sounded this bad with an update.

In the latest update, the Super Reverb Normal and Super Verb Vibrato sound very strange when driven by a drive pedal. I use to be able to get excellent crunch tones with those amps, but now they have this odd resonance in the low mids that sound like a blown speaker and they no longer sound good to me with a drive pedal. I have had these presets since the Axe-FX II days and this is the first time they ever sounded this bad with an update.
Is it only that specific amp
maybe post that preset ao they can get a look at it ?

Back
Top Bottom