Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 16.01 "Cygnus"

Thanks, Sir. @DLC86

According to the video the behavior is correct.

I asked because of the phrase put by Cliff:
"I've added a non-jumped version of the 5E3 with both volume knobs. Now we can wait for the inevitable "When I turn the Bright Drive all the way down the Normal Drive doesn't do anything"

And it is currently doing. That's why I asked.

Well, kinda.

Axe-Edit automatically offered to update which updated the Fractal-Bot that is embedded in it.

Opening the standalone Fractal-Bot doesn't show an available update, nor does clicking the "Click for New Version" link. Perhaps the Axe-Edit update took care of that, or the standalone Fractal-Bot hasn't been updated yet?

Any more I rely on the embedded Fractal-Bot even though I have the standalone version.
I find that you have to have the unit on, and then open FractalBot for the available update to show.

If FB is open BEFORE I turn on the unit, no update shows.

As far as the "click for new version" link on FB, that is for the new version of FractalBot. Not for a new Firmware.

I find that you have to have the unit on, and then open FractalBot for the available update to show.

If FB is open BEFORE I turn on the unit, no update shows.

As far as the "click for new version" link on FB, that is for the new version of FractalBot. Not for a new Firmware.
Axe-Edit, FM3-Edit, or the stand-alone Fractal-Bot should check when they launch to see if they're the latest version, whether or not the modeler is on as they're not tied to the modeler at that point. Once their particular modeler becomes available they should also check to see if the user has the latest release-version of the firmware for the modeler.

Last edited:
I guess the Robben Ford model is the same on Cygnus? Or do these model also got updated?

I’m really enjoying this model now on my fm3

Nice! Would definitely be interested in messing around with this one if you don’t mind sharing it.

That's a little tricky. The IRs were captured from the Darkglass Element, 4x12 for the dirty channel and 8x10 for the clean channel. Not sure if it's kosher for me to just pass those around.

Cygnus finally scratches my tube amp soul, Thx.
I’ve been down this road before and regretted it, but I’m seriously thinking about selling some of my amps now. Ares sounded great, but Cygnus sounds and feels great. Since the first beta dropped the only reason I’ve turned my amps on was to A/B them against Cygnus. And after satisfying my curiosity they went into the closet until I decide what to do with them.

Can anyone tell me if one can offset the signal in a block by a few milliseconds?
Because im running an eventide rack after the cab block in parallel on an fx loop and that eventide introduces a slight delay if in parallel to the main line. Is there a delay compensation option I can use on the other parallel internally routed row? Because I am running the eventide only 60 percent wet. So phase can be heard.

Back
Top Bottom