Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 16.01 Beta 1 Public Beta

As you know the real one what is your feel about the sim Leon ? Any tips ? I really got troubles to make it sound good in the axe. This piece of gear is pretty legendary so I don’t know if it’s me or …

yup, these guys @jon and @Randalljax understood my message and said it better that I ever could with my poor english, so kudos to both of you guys ☝️👊🤟

@milan.pohancenik
I don’t really have right tools to prove something to you, but I am pretty sure about what I’m trying to say, and that is :

if you own real vh4, just crank ch2 and ch3 gain to max, switch between them, then do the same thing with models and you’ll understand in a heartbeat.

I am not bitchin’ in any way, as I know what to tweak to get it close to real amp sound.

I mentioned it only, so now other users know, that if they have problems for example with dizzy ch3. silver and the sound is like someone said, kinda flubby and less gain that ch2 - that’s simply not how it sounds in real life.

I even wrote in previous post, that if you want that legendary vh4 ch3 sound, use dizzy silver v4 ch.2, raise the depth to around 50% and adjust the gain to taste, compare with real amp and you’ll be in a ballpark. for now, good enough for me :)
Dude, I'd NEVER have thought English was not your native language!!! 😲 great job 👍

Last edited:
I just installed firmware 16.01 beta tonight direct from 15.01. I also installed Axe Edit 1.08.13. I had just been playing through 15.01 so the sound was fresh in my mind. After installing 16.01 beta I tried my first 40 presets, mainly presets based on Marshalls, Friedmans, Fenders, Vox, and Matchless. I was shocked. Literally nothing sounded good or even useable. I tried resetting the amps on a few patches and rebuilding them, but gave up and went back to 15.01 for now. 16.01 beta sounds like I put my hands over my ears and cranked up the bass on every preset.

Do I need to go back to Axe Edit 1.08.11 for it to work right with firmware 15.01. or will the newest version of Axe Edit still work fine on 15.01?

I just installed firmware 16.01 beta tonight direct from 15.01. I also installed Axe Edit 1.08.13. I had just been playing through 15.01 so the sound was fresh in my mind. After installing 16.01 beta I tried my first 40 presets, mainly presets based on Marshalls, Friedmans, Fenders, Vox, and Matchless. I was shocked. Literally nothing sounded good or even useable. I tried resetting the amps on a few patches and rebuilding them, but gave up and went back to 15.01 for now. 16.01 beta sounds like I put my hands over my ears and cranked up the bass on every preset.

Do I need to go back to Axe Edit 1.08.11 for it to work right with firmware 15.01. or will the newest version of Axe Edit still work fine on 15.01?

There's nothing wrong with the amp types you're mentioning, so it must be something on your side. Did you use Dynamic Depth in your v15 presets? Tried resetting the system parameters? What IR(s) do you use?

nothing ? They all sounding different if he came from 15 . you need to retweak everything and yes it’s globally bassy and muffled sounding first . Many amps got the bass at zero now, I boost the high frequency in the amp eq sliders in most of them because it sound very dark first . The sound needs to be opened . I understand what he mean. But then it sounds cool after tweaks.
talking about the high gain amps . The fender , Marshall , cleans don’t have any problems

I am just looking to make it sound “metal”, punchy, no buzz, clean palm mute …a similar type of sound you have in the end of your video .

I haven't had a chance to pull my triaxis out yet but from a quick hit with the model bringing the master volume down to 2.5 clears things up a lot. In my video I was using a Boogie Stereo 2:Fifty rather than the 2:90 section in the Axe.

nothing ? They all sounding different if he came from 15 . you need to retweak everything and yes it’s globally bassy and muffled sounding first . Many amps got the bass at zero now, I boost the high frequency in the amp eq sliders in most of them because it sound very dark first . The sound needs to be opened . I understand what he mean. But then it sounds cool after tweaks.
talking about the high gain amps . The fender , Marshall , cleans don’t have any problems

"Different" is not the same as "nothing sounded good or even useable".

Read his post: he mentions Marshalls, Friedmans, Fenders, Vox, and Matchless.

If you don't tweak extensively, then all the mentioned amp types will sound great. I see no need at all to set Bass at 0, or bump the high freqs overall.

You've made your point in your last 10 posts. There's no need to repeat it every hour.

There seems to be something wrong with the Dizzy V4 silver. CH 2 has too much gain and is too tight, on the other hand CH 3 is too flubby and not enough gain.

it has been this way since fw 16.00.
It’s not a new thing in fw 16.01.
I mentioned this a few times, but without any luck getting an answer.
for now, I am using dizzy silver v4 ch. 2 and raise the depth to 50% to kinda simulate vh4 ch3 🤷‍♂️

I have never played a real Diezel but the fact that the actually gain drops from ch2 to ch3 seems quite strange to me, as well. I just tried it and can confirm it.

1 - The presence button in the engl severe 1 act very, very strangely . is it me ? I have done the refresh after firmware etc .

If you mean that the volume increases when presence is lowered then this is expected behaviour. Cliff has stated multiple times that's exactly what the real amp does, too, due to its presence circuit.
If you don't mean this you'll have to elaborate further. I didn't notice any other weird things going on.

And now I have a finding of my own: The Sat Switch doesn't do anything audible on the JMP45 model. Maybe that's also expected behaviour. Does anyone know?

nothing ? They all sounding different if he came from 15 . you need to retweak everything and yes it’s globally bassy and muffled sounding first . Many amps got the bass at zero now, I boost the high frequency in the amp eq sliders in most of them because it sound very dark first .
This may say more about the IR's you're using than the amps.

Back
Top Bottom