Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 16.01 Beta 1 Public Beta

I tried out this Beta, but for the first time I didn't like this update, my patches all sounded much better before. I had to revert back to Cygnus release version 16. I tried out the Brit Brown, Recto1 Orange Modern, Atomica High, and Class-A 30W. I might just stay with version 16 since it already sounds great to me.

Just got home from running the beta at practice. Sounded great with the various patches. I need to rebalance some scenes/presets, but I think the "necessary" tweaking will be minimal.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/16p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_16p01_beta1.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Improved output transformer / speaker impedance interaction modeling. This yields more accurate low frequency response. Note that the Transformer LF parameter effectively adjusts the transformer’s inductance. Increase this value to simulate a smaller transformer, decrease to simulate a larger transformer.

Improved power amp cathode current calculation accuracy for cathode biased models.

Updated default Power Tube Grid Bias and Negative Feedback on many models based on new measurement technique. NOTE: As a result of this existing presets will update the aforementioned parameters to the new default values upon recall.

Added frequency cursor to Parametric EQ graph.

Updated Blackglass 7K Drive block model. Previous model was incorrect due to defective reference unit.

Increased gain range of Filter and Parametric EQ blocks to +/-20 dB. Also increased gain range of input EQ in Amp block. Existing presets are automatically updated.

Fixed incorrect channel indication in Amp block when changing scenes if Scene Revert is true.

Fixed Amp block bypass state not reverting when changing scenes if Scene Revert is true.

Fixed incorrect Drive control taper in Jr. Blues amp models.

Fixed incorrect default P.I. Bias Excursion in Princetone Reverb and Div/13 CJ Boost models.

Fixed missing UI for several Friedman amp models.

Fixed pop when changing Amp block channels between models with disparate gains.

Fixed NaN in Stereo Tri-Chorus if Delay Time and Rate are set to minimum.

Various optimizations and improvements.
Love that you are focusing on quality along with adding new features. Sometimes that balance can get off, but you guys are nailing it!

….pfffff moi je le bosse ici ;) :)
Le plus drôle c'est qu'au lycée j'étais le dernier de ma classe en anglais. Mon anglais s'est énormément amélioré par la suite grâce à la guitare : dans les années 1990, j'achetais régulièrement des magazines de guitare en anglais, puis quand internet s'est démocratisé, j'ai passé énormément de temps sur les forums de musiciens, entre autres. Je ne peux toujours pas voir un film en anglais sans sous-titres car j'ai du mal avec la prononciation, mais comparé à 35 ans de cela mes progrès sont très conséquents, ça n'a plus rien à voir. Au point où j'ai pu aller en vacances dans des pays anglophones sans problème. Je me suis aperçu de mes progrès le jour où j'ai pu lire "Anges et démons" de Dan Brown en VO !

Funny thing, in high school I was the worst student of my class in English. My English vastly improved afterwards thanks to guitar : first by buying guitar magazines in the nineties, then avidly reading forums when internet became a thing, etc etc. I still can't watch an English movie without subtitles (I only catch 50 % of the words) but compared to 35+ years ago it improved a lot. I was able to go to English speaking countries without issues (although I often need to tell people "can you say that again, slowly?", lol)

[/thread derail]

I like turtles.
I have a splinter in my left pinky, its a bit sore, gonna dig it out now.

Also, I fired up the new Beta last night and played my in progress Cygnus 16.0 Mesa C+ and Peavey 6160 patches before and after and without any tweaking immediately noticed them to be a bit weightier and a bit more mid focussedier. Defo a bit growlier and the 6160 a bit spitier to boot. If someone is gonna tell me those models haven't changed please add 'ier' to whatever adjectives you call me as since Cygnus came along its the only language I now comprehend.

Le plus drôle c'est qu'au lycée j'étais le dernier de ma classe en anglais. Mon anglais s'est énormément amélioré par la suite grâce à la guitare : dans les années 1990, j'achetais régulièrement des magazines de guitare en anglais, puis quand internet s'est démocratisé, j'ai passé énormément de temps sur les forums de musiciens, entre autres. Je ne peux toujours pas voir un film en anglais sans sous-titres car j'ai du mal avec la prononciation, mais comparé à 35 ans de cela mes progrès sont très conséquents, ça n'a plus rien à voir. Au point où j'ai pu aller en vacances dans des pays anglophones sans problème. Je me suis aperçu de mes progrès le jour où j'ai pu lire "Anges et démons" de Dan Brown en VO !

Funny thing, in high school I was the worst student of my class in English. My English vastly improved afterwards thanks to guitar : first by buying guitar magazines in the nineties, then avidly reading forums when internet became a thing, etc etc. I still can't watch an English movie without subtitles (I only catch 50 % of the words) but compared to 35+ years ago it improved a lot. I was able to go to English speaking countries without issues (although I often need to tell people "can you say that again, slowly?", lol)

[/thread derail]
I ve always lloved english , English … English pop rock music ,
Don t forget the Irsh , my main influence is still … The Edge end U2 .
So it s most of the time a pleasure to keep practicing , reading on the forum , watching Leon s videos and others …..
It would be great if Fractal forum could correct our mistakes :) :) :)

At the moment I only use 3 or 4 of the amp models in the axe fx for recording a live use. but I really notice a difference in the BE100 model (HBEV1). In this beta it seems like the low end is tighter/clearer to my ears. Really digging it.

Hi,

What a coincidence - I have a splinter too!.. And thanks to this firmware, I'll be digging it out with a les paul!
I have a splinter in my left pinky, its a bit sore, gonna dig it out now.

Also, I fired up the new Beta last night and played my in progress Cygnus 16.0 Mesa C+ and Peavey 6160 patches before and after and without any tweaking immediately noticed them to be a bit weightier and a bit more mid focussedier. Defo a bit growlier and the 6160 a bit spitier to boot. If someone is gonna tell me those models haven't changed please add 'ier' to whatever adjectives you call me as since Cygnus came along its the only language I now comprehend.

JP2C doesn't have a depth knob. If a knob isn't present in the Authentic menu then it may not do anything in the Ideal menu.
Sorry to ask but I might have misread what it means. Is that the rule for any parameter missing in the authentic menu or just some here and there.
And has it been that way with 16.00 release already? If so I don't care much, 16.00 is amazing, pure fun, still makes me happy.

Sorry to ask but I might have misread what it means. Is that the rule for any parameter missing in the authentic menu or just some here and there.
And has it been that way with 16.00 release already? If so I don't care much, 16.00 is amazing, pure fun, still makes me happy.
Depends on the model and the feedback topology. A Boogie feedback network doesn't have any way to increase "depth" like a Marshall network. In fact in a Boogie the Presence control is actually a Presence/Depth control. At values less than 5.0 it's increasing depth and reducing presence. Above 5.0 it's reducing depth and increasing presence.

I tried out this Beta, but for the first time I didn't like this update, my patches all sounded much better before. I had to revert back to Cygnus release version 16. I tried out the Brit Brown, Recto1 Orange Modern, Atomica High, and Class-A 30W. I might just stay with version 16 since it already sounds great to me.
What is it you don’t like
is it bassier , thinner
also had you already tweaked a bunch of presets for 16.0?

I had an interesting issue on switching scenes and get not a pop, but a harsh clipping. I really should upload my preset and a recording, but I’m having internet issues (only have mobile until next week).

I have my amps set up in parallel (muted when not in use). when I switch from a CCV 2A on amp 2 to Archean Bright on Amp 1 with a scene switch, a horrible clipping ensues when mid chord. No other amp combination does this and only CCV to Archean Bright, not other way around.

Furthermore, if I have a drive turned on in front of the CCV (I think it is an SD-1) and switch to Archean, no harsh clipping..... strange.

Don’t get me started on my internet situation, this would be so much easier to explain if I could just upload the preset
sounds similar to my experience, I also have drive(s) in front of the amp as it switches, they are switched out also.

Back
Top Bottom