Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 15.01

Is there an issue with the delay block? A time setting over 8000ms just results in an 8s delay, the range from 0-8000 works as expected. Preset attached, which is just an IN -> DLY -> OUT chain with the delay at 100% mix and 0% feedback. I'm on the latest Axe Edit but changing the setting on the hardware makes no difference.
8000ms IS 8 seconds.
Am I misunderstanding something about your question?

Seems like the way I worded that post was confusing, I edited it to make it clearer. Can anybody reproduce the issue?

Not at my Axe, but are you saying the delay changes in the UI, but not the actual delay amount? And the same thing happens on the unit and in Axe-Edit?

The max value was bumped to 16000ms with 15.0 but values over 8000ms don't work for me. Setting it to 5000ms = 5s delay, 8000ms = 8s delay, 16000ms = still 8s delay.
Did you refresh parameters settings in AxeEdit?
Also does your problem occur on hardware or only AxeEdit?

Not at my Axe, but are you saying the delay changes in the UI, but not the actual delay amount? And the same thing happens on the unit and in Axe-Edit?
Exactly, the UI both on the unit and in Axe Edit shows the configured amount, but any value over 8000 results in 8s delay.

Did you refresh parameters settings in AxeEdit?
Also does your problem occur on hardware or only AxeEdit?
Just did a manual refresh of Axe Edit and built a new preset (IN->DLY-OUT) and the problem still exists. It's irrelevant if I change the setting in Axe Edit or on the unit. I even built a preset from scratch on the HW with the same result. I'll try reflashing 15.01 to see if that fixes it (edit: it does not).

Last edited:
Exactly, the UI both on the unit and in Axe Edit shows the configured amount, but any value over 8000 results in 8s delay.

Just did a manual refresh of Axe Edit and built a new preset (IN->DLY-OUT) and the problem still exists. It's irrelevant if I change the setting in Axe Edit or on the unit. I even built a preset from scratch on the HW with the same result. I'll try reflashing 15.01 to see if that fixes it.
What delay type are you using? Cuz I tried and works correctly for me

What delay type are you using? Cuz I tried and works correctly for me
You're on to something... it doesn't happen on all delay types. I originally encountered this with the Digital Stereo type (in a slightly modified version of Simeons Fripp delay loop preset) and reproduced it with the Digital Mono, which is what my Axe defaults to when I insert a new delay block. Just tested with a few other types:
  • Lo-Fi Tape and Mono Tape work correctly
  • Digital Mono/Stereo, Analog Mono/Stereo, 2290, Mind Guy, and Ambient Stereo exhibit the bug

Last edited:
You're on to something... it doesn't happen on all delay types. I originally encountered this with the Digital Stereo type (in a slightly modified version of Simeons Fripp delay loop preset) and reproduced it with the Digital Mono, which is what my Axe defaults to when I insert a new delay block. Just tested with a few other types:
- Lo-Fi Tape and Mono Tape work correctly
- Analog Mono and 2290 also have the bug
Got it, I actually tried with the mono tape, I'll try other types later

• Digital Mono/Stereo, Analog Mono/Stereo, 2290, Mind Guy, and Ambient Stereo exhibit the bug

I can reproduce what you're describing.

Nice bug report.
Suggest sending it to support.

Back
Top Bottom