Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 15.01

Been tracking and mixing, so I hadn't played my AFX in awhile...Pulled it up last night with a new strat and holy shit, this FW is so good. The Fenders are just a joy. The Vibroverb and Super are just sick.

John Mayer compared modelers vs ‘real amps’ and said that modelers just don’t have that ‘wapoosh’ like you get with a real amp, whereupon @FractalAudio promptly ‘wapoosh-ed’ the firmware to put that complaint to rest. 🙃 He uses an interesting analogy in the interview about a sex doll vs a woman, if I recall correctly. Anyway, we have ‘wapoosh’ aplenty now, so it’s all good.🙂
He was playing on Instagram Live last night and said around minute 35:00, that he plays through the Axe FX III. So the 'wapoosh' arrived also for him?! ;)

I’d guess he uses gear as tools. Fractal probably works best for him in this application. Maybe he’ll use one live in the future.
Uh, so tell me about that guitar in your avatar? Equator? Artinger? Or legit Languedoc? :)

He was playing on Instagram Live last night and said around minute 35:00, that he plays through the Axe FX III. So the 'wapoosh' arrived also for him?! ;)

Yeah, I guess he revisited after Cliff 'wapoosh-ed' the firmware. Glad to see he's come around. How anyone can not love this brilliant black box is beyond me. Tone, feel, FX, re-amping, USB direct-to-DAW, workflow... What's not to like?

Back
Top Bottom