Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 13.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is indeed a linker bug. It happened because the array overflowed from the declared section. The linker should initialize data regardless of whether it has overflowed or not.

I spent the morning making sure there were no other cases of this. Nasty little linker bug.
This was the cause of the instability/red-lined meters/no output thing, not preset 0 going missing, right?

definition:
NaN is a property of the global object.
In other words, it is a variable in global scope.
The initial value of NaN is Not-A-Number — the same as the value of Number.NaN.
In modern browsers, NaN is a non-configurable, non-writable property.

definition:
NaN is a property of the global object.
In other words, it is a variable in global scope.
The initial value of NaN is Not-A-Number — the same as the value of Number.NaN.
In modern browsers, NaN is a non-configurable, non-writable property.
We don't use JavaScript. And our products don't have browsers.

If you want to copy-and-paste from the interwebz use this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NaN#:...g for,especially in floating-point arithmetic.

Little OT, just remember being a kid and using one of this things I got from my mom's drawer and doing my best impression of "That Star Trek dude", LOL

8f09323ac4b77d8f62cc0fe54089af19.jpg

The linker didn't zeroinit an array on the slave core. So in some cases there would be a NaN in there that was causing a NaN in the amp block. The linker does some strange things sometimes. I had to specifically initialize the array to zero (which you shouldn't need to do according to the C standard).
Bringing back memories of Kernighan and Ritchie from many years ago...

Well done on sorting out all that stuff that I don’t understand!

Be great though if someone could look at why the heel down tuner thing doesn’t transfer through to the FC12 like it does when you have a dedicated button for it. Generally when I’m on stage the Axe is tucked away pretty much out of sight so although it’s a brilliant feature it’s not much use for me at the moment. Thanks very much for all the awesome stuff!

It is indeed a linker bug. It happened because the array overflowed from the declared section. The linker should initialize data regardless of whether it has overflowed or not.

I spent the morning making sure there were no other cases of this. Nasty little linker bug.

I wonder how many times that bug has already been reported to the tools developer. "yep, that's ticket number #4872, Priority 4"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom