Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.08

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my case it's definitely guitar dependent. I own 12 guitars (yes, I know, not enough! :D) and it's happening on only two of them. It's totally reproducable, the tuner behaves perfectly with the other guitar. The only factor which is different on these guitars is the scale length, which are a bit unusual. One is a Tele style with 26,25" (instead of 25,5") and the other is a Les Paul style with a scale of 26" (instead of 24,75).

Pickups are Bareknuckle Blackdog humbuckers in one and Häussel Vin+ humbuckers in the other guitar (both can be classified as "vintage hot").
Oh, and they are from the same manufacturer and they are from uncommon woods, like pear for the fretboard.

But that could be a coincidence, since Piing uses a Fender American Deluxe guitar.

Last edited:
Re tuning ... I haven't read recent posts so apologies if this has already been asked: Are you sure the problem guitars are not picking up some interference that's affecting the tuner? Bypass the tuner and noise gate to make sure there's no noise.

This was a common problem with a friend of mine who put his tuner on top of his tube amp - he'd walk up next to the amp to tune is strat and complain how useless the tuner was, but plugging in his guitar while next to the amp revealed a mess of hum and interference :)

That recording was made with the tuner bypassed. You can hear the clean guitar through the monitors. There are no hums or interferences

I believe that these detail are important:

- The tuner behaves perfectly if I downgrade to FW11. It was also working with previous versions. I have that Strat since the Axe-FX Standard and I never had issues with the tuner.

- The behavior is random. I am testing it right now, with the Strat, and it is flawless. But most of the time it doesn't work since I upgraded to 12.08

- While the Axe-FX tuner is erratic, the BOSS Tuner free Android App works well, placing the mobile phone close to the monitors that are connected to the Axe-FX. That discards an issue with my guitar, cables, etc

That recording was made with the tuner bypassed. You can hear the clean guitar through the monitors. There are no hums or interferences

I believe that these detail are important:

- The tuner behaves perfectly if I downgrade to FW11. It was also working with previous versions. I have that Strat since the Axe-FX Standard and I never had issues with the tuner.

- The behavior is random. I am testing it right now, with the Strat, and it is flawless. But most of the time it doesn't work since I upgraded to 12.08

- While the Axe-FX tuner is erratic, the BOSS Tuner free Android App works well, placing the mobile phone close to the monitors that are connected to the Axe-FX. That discards an issue with my guitar, cables, etc
Haven't followed this whole tuner sub-thread, but has it been said that there actually were changes to the tuner code?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom