Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.08 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm working on pitch shifting. It is improved in the beta but that exposed weaknesses in the pitch detection. So I improved the pitch detection and that exposed weaknesses in the pitch shifting. So I wrote a new pitch shifting algorithm and that worked pretty well but exposed weaknesses in the pitch detection. So I improved the pitch detection again and that exposed weaknesses in the pitch shifting. So I wrote yet another new pitch shifting algorithm.

The latest pitch shifting algorithm (version #4) is great. The pitch detection is not where I want it to be. I'm working on a new multi-resolution technique. I think wavelets are probably the ultimate solution but too CPU intensive. So I'm working on a multi-resolution FFT approach which is sort of "wavelety".
Awesome. I hope this improves the Virtual Capo. That would come in so handy at gigs!

It will. The VC already works much better than before.
That is great to hear. I always felt this could be a great feature in the III, but every time I tried to use it ... what I was playing always seemed "off a bit" to my ears .... and I was just never comfortable using it live. I just figured it was me not knowing what I was doing settings wise(which I guess it still could be?), but I wasn't trying anything crazy ... just 1/2 step or full step down stuff.

Awesome. I hope this improves the Virtual Capo. That would come in so handy at gigs!
Wow you put an insane amount of work into these.. I'm so amazing impressed with you, and this company.. no one else compares in my opinion.

Oddly enough, I've been using the Pitch shift as a 3-part harmony to play the National Anthem every night before 8pm to prelude The Howling that our neighborhood does.. they love it :)

Curious to see how your efforts turn out as I already love it now.. even better just sounds amazing :)

Thank you!!

Wow you put an insane amount of work into these.. I'm so amazing impressed with you, and this company.. no one else compares in my opinion.

Oddly enough, I've been using the Pitch shift as a 3-part harmony to play the National Anthem every night before 8pm to prelude The Howling that our neighborhood does.. they love it :)

Curious to see how your efforts turn out as I already love it now.. even better just sounds amazing :)

Thank you!!
lol copied the wrong person but.. you get the point

Amazing!!

That is all :)

yes sorry wavelets
the eclipse was like there hi end processor. So I doubt the H9 is as good as that so if your bettering the Eclipse thats pretty top level IMO
Isn't the H9 derived from all the standalone algos? So algos in Eclipse would be the same as algos in H9?

I'm working on pitch shifting. It is improved in the beta but that exposed weaknesses in the pitch detection. So I improved the pitch detection and that exposed weaknesses in the pitch shifting. So I wrote a new pitch shifting algorithm and that worked pretty well but exposed weaknesses in the pitch detection. So I improved the pitch detection again and that exposed weaknesses in the pitch shifting. So I wrote yet another new pitch shifting algorithm.

The latest pitch shifting algorithm (version #4) is great. The pitch detection is not where I want it to be. I'm working on a new multi-resolution technique. I think wavelets are probably the ultimate solution but too CPU intensive. So I'm working on a multi-resolution FFT approach which is sort of "wavelety".

Oooh... this is exciting! Any chance for some poly tracking? Even if just the top two (or maybe three) dominant FFT bins? It would be awesome if the Axe could recognize two or three note chords, with some rudimentary voice allocation to the synth oscillators... round robin, low priority... would allow for some awesome guitar synth capabilities.

By multi-resolution, I assume you mean you're analyzing multiple different bin sizes simultaneously to capture low freq vs high freq content? And then using a comparison / cross over to combine the data? That's interesting... I think I need to revisit my hobby FFT project and try that approach.... not sure my little microcontroller has enough cojones though.

or perhaps if you are just tuning down slightly like a half step or full step
a seperate effect called Drop
that is the most stable for small detuning
My main use for the VC would be to use it with an acoustic to simulate a capo at the 1st, 2nd or 3rd frets.

or perhaps if you are just tuning down slightly like a half step or full step
a seperate effect called Drop
that is the most stable for small detuning

The Virtual Capo goes up (+) as well as down (-). No need for a separate effect/block.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom