Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.08 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Cliff @FractalAudio Audio... I was preparing a bug report preset this morning for 12.07. It included the 'clicking' in the Chorus block, which seems to be fixed.:cool:

However the other bugs that I found are still there in 12.08b.
  1. The Flanger block suffers from the same type of 'clicks' when changing channels.
  2. The Drive block channel changes also cause clicks, but only when bypassed? Some clients that use IA switching for the drive block, like the (sometimes bypassed?) Drives to change channels to pair-up with any Amp channel changes in scenes. The 'clicks' are unavoidable in these cases.
Here is a sample preset that highlights the issues. Strum a chord and cycle through the scenes as it decays.
  1. The first four scenes cycle through four Drive block channels (2 of them identical), all muted. Nothing else is changing.
  2. The last four scenes cycle through four random Flanger block channels. All at stock settings.
Moke

Attachments

• 12.08b click teset 1 (Axefx III).syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Wow - I JUST updated to 12.07. I love that as a customer, I can’t keep up with the enhancements made by the company. :). Thank you!

Last edited:
FC: Per-Preset labels will no longer be displayed for unassigned switches.
I've been hoping for this. I like unassigned switches to be blank to keep things uncluttered.

When a Pre-Preset slot is unassigned, the display is blank in the editor. However, my FC-6 mini-display is still showing 'PerPrst#xx' in the display?
Per-Preset display blank.png

Last edited:
I've been hoping for this. I like unassigned switches to be blank to keep things uncluttered.

When a Pre-Preset slot is unassigned, the display is blank in the editor. However, my FC-6 mini-display is still showing 'PerPrst#xx' in the display?
i think a user request to NOT have them blank was the reason for this change. i think it's changing back to how it was? can't keep track ;)

i think a user request to NOT have them blank was the reason for this change. i think it's changing back to how it was? can't keep track ;)
Hmm?
From the release notes... "FC: Per-Preset labels will no longer be displayed for unassigned switches." I assume that that means that the display will be blank? The Mini-Display of all other unassigned switches are blank.

I seem to remember that they were blank before? And at some point recently, it changed.??? I can't keep up either.;)

Hmm?
From the release notes... "FC: Per-Preset labels will no longer be displayed for unassigned switches." I assume that that means that the display will be blank?

I seem to remember that they were blank before? And at some point recently, it changed.??? I can't keep up either.;)
yeah i meant the request to not have them blank was a previous change, not this beta. so it was blank. users wanted it changed, it was changed, and now it's changing back due to user feedback. i think that's what it is.

yeah i meant the request to not have them blank was a previous change, not this beta. so it was blank. users wanted it changed, it was changed, and now it's changing back due to user feedback. i think that's what it is.
That's what I recall too. But it doesn't seem like it has actually changed back? Added a pic to my post above.

Loving everything else though!

Quick take with the new JFET compressor model. This is just @FractalAudio's attached demo preset with the pitch block bypassed. The JFET compressor really makes clean notes POP! out of your guitar in a beautiful way without it making the release all breathy or pop-y. I love it.

I let it ring on at the end until I got bored and turned my volume knob down. :D

It was like 2 days ago you said you added the JFET compressor to the next update. I was expecting at least next Friday... You guys work way too hard, thanks! 🙂

This update covers so much ground and a preset! I really appreciate all the attention to detail. Thanks to everyone for making this possible.

I knew I when I ordered a new usb CABLE last week it would serve a purpose....today it's purpose has been defined :p

Thanks Cliff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom