Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.06 Public Beta (Beta 3)

I always wait for @2112 great overview before installing any new FW either Beta or Release but I agree the noise reduction function seems damn cool

I do always back up yes.. I don’t know.. I’m just afraid I’ll break the damned thing and I’m on so little time.. I don’t want to spend the time I’d be playing.. fixing it..
Yeah for those us that play out every weekend, we cannot risk installing a beta. Also some of us do not have time due to day job schedules to test out the issues with a beta.
I am on a break like most of us for obvious reasons. So I am on the beta now as I have time to test.

How does the input noise reduction gate compare to using downward expander gate block after amp for single coils?

Yeah for those us that play out every weekend, we cannot risk installing a beta. Also some of us do not have time due to day job schedules to test out the issues with a beta.
I am on a break like most of us for obvious reasons. So I am on the beta now as I have time to test.
Not generally in favor of beta releases for myself either, but I don't think I've heard any reports of weirdness with this one. Am I right about that?

Of course back up first like always, but I just may do this one.

Not generally in favor of beta releases for myself either, but I don't think I've heard any reports of weirdness with this one. Am I right about that?

Of course back up first like always, but I just may do this one.
The only issue I've seen was my own, and it was user error, lol. I generally don't do beta releases either, but with gigs cancelled for the near future, I decided to play along on this beta cycle. I was primarily interested in getting a chance to play around with the new Views feature, since I have an FC-6. I'm liking what I've seen so far. Now I just need to decide what to do with the 6 additional buttons.

I'm real proactive about backups, too. I generally back up immediately before updating, immediately after, and also after I make any appreciable changes to presets or system configurations. Since I primarily work with presets that are only in Bank A, backups just take a couple of minutes. (I typically only back up Bank A and my System Config file.)

Finally had some time to play around with my III, the FC6 Views addition is brilliant, really really useful for me

Thanks Fractal so much

Can someone explain a bit the issues that came up during the last update? (12.04 I think?) I read some stuff about people losing FC setups or some other issues, and a feature that got rolled back in 12.05. My memory on it is fuzzy. I'm on 12.03 still... and have just put considerable work into setting up my presets with per preset FC12 configs, and I don't want to risk any of that.
That said, since I'm locked in a nuclear fallout shelter for 2 weeks, I'd like to get on the latest FM if I can. What will I give up if anything?

Can someone explain a bit the issues that came up during the last update? (12.04 I think?) I read some stuff about people losing FC setups or some other issues, and a feature that got rolled back in 12.05. My memory on it is fuzzy. I'm on 12.03 still... and have just put considerable work into setting up my presets with per preset FC12 configs, and I don't want to risk any of that.
That said, since I'm locked in a nuclear fallout shelter for 2 weeks, I'd like to get on the latest FM if I can. What will I give up if anything?
Here are the release notes in case you missed them.

This update and the FC firmware 1.11 resolved the zipper noise issue for me.

Improved performance of noise gate in Input block. Both the Classic and Intelligent types have been improved. The new Noise Reducer type reduces noise while preserving the attack of the note. It does this by using intelligent filtering to remove line noise and high frequency hiss will leaving the rest of the spectrum intact. Be sure to set the Line Frequency to a value commensurate with the AC frequency in your country. Note that the Classic and Intelligent types can achieve complete silence while the Noise Reducer type can let some sound through as it is designed to be as transparent and unobtrusive as possible.
Fixed zipper noise when using an FC pedal to control input volume.
Fixed Delay Time not sticking for Ten Tap Delay.
FC: Fix Tap Tempo function setting incorrect tempo when assigned to a stand-in switch.
FC: Fix Tuner not exiting when tapping a Stand-In Switch whose Hold function is Tuner.
FC: Fix UI of Stand-In Switches page not showing text representations of settings.
FC: Fix View Inc/Dec when accessing MLM on an FC-6 via Master Layout "Switch-Combo".
FC: Fix View Inc/Dec mini-LCD display when set to "Destination #".

The per-preset switch configuration won't be lost, just the global settings. You can export those before updating and everything should be fine

The Performance tabs are fine on mine and the global ones. I'm on 12.06 b3 with 11.1 FC12 FW
Before that, did you go directly from 12.03 to 12.05? Did anyone else, and do you have this problem?

That's what I did. I don't generally do betas, thought I would do this one since it seemed pretty stable, but I don't need this problem.

Back
Top Bottom