Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.06 Public Beta (Beta 3)

Before that, did you go directly from 12.03 to 12.05? Did anyone else, and do you have this problem?

That's what I did. I don't generally do betas, thought I would do this one since it seemed pretty stable, but I don't need this problem.

I went from 12.04 to 12.06

12.04 introduced lots of problems and was pulled. I never installed it so I cannot comment on the nature of the problems.

Moving from 12.04 to 12.05 or this 12.06 beta, or even back to 12.03, does not restore the parameters that were impacted/erased with the 12.04 problems. If you have a backup from 12.03, you can restore that and get the settings back that 12.04 erased. Otherwise, you are just going to have to reconfigure manually.

Moving from 12.03 to 12.05 or 12.06 does not have any of the problems that 12.04 brought on. I went from 12.03 to 12.05 and now to this 12.06 Beta 3 and have not had any problems.

So close to doing the update, but the ‘beta’ tag keeps me from committing. I’m still on 12.03 and did a full backup yesterday. Inching closer...

If you're gigging, then wait
Gigging? Now? :oops:

No, my next gig isn’t til July. As of today it’s still scheduled, but who knows how this is going to play out?

I’ve just not done a beta update yet. But getting the FC bugs fixed is mighty tempting.

Gigging? Now? :oops:

No, my next gig isn’t til July. As of today it’s still scheduled, but who knows how this is going to play out?

I’ve just not done a beta update yet. But getting the FC bugs fixed is mighty tempting.
God, I didn't even kop it. Got a few cancelled gigs myself 😭

I'm about to pull the trigger. I'm also still on 12.03, and have just created a bunch of sounds, so before I get much farther I'd like to get current. As long as you're backed up, if you have an issue in the beta, just restore and go back in time. (Although- in full transparency I don't think I have ever had to do that, and I've been using Fractal for years now. I'm not sure I have ever even tried it.)
But with no gigs, and no work for the next couple of weeks at least, it seems the best possible time to give it a go.

I'm about to pull the trigger. I'm also still on 12.03, and have just created a bunch of sounds, so before I get much farther I'd like to get current. As long as you're backed up, if you have an issue in the beta, just restore and go back in time. (Although- in full transparency I don't think I have ever had to do that, and I've been using Fractal for years now. I'm not sure I have ever even tried it.)
But with no gigs, and no work for the next couple of weeks at least, it seems the best possible time to give it a go.
I went from 12.03 to 12.04, and that was the first and only time things went south on me. (I was having issues with my FC setup.) By the time I realized I had a problem, 12.05 was available. I had a brief moment of panic when I installed 12.05 and it didn't fix my FC settings, but within a matter of minutes I installed my 12.03 system backup over 12.05 -- as suggested here on the forum -- and all was again right with the world. That experience showed me how easy (and quick) it is to get things back to normal. When 12.06b came along, I had no fear installing it since I felt confident I could easily roll back to an earlier backup to fix things if any problems happened.

I don't think there'll be much "gigging" for at least a couple months... aCk!!! At least I got one in with my best
tone edits since I've had the Axe FX III. Now I'll have time to play with the new beta firmware I guess.... LoL!

I think I was still on 12.02 or 12.03 my update went smoothly and I didn't have to update my global settings from backup, everything was just the way I left it. I had read reports that other users had lost their global settings and/or FC settings. The update for me is rock solid.

I think I was still on 12.02 or 12.03 my update went smoothly and I didn't have to update my global settings from backup, everything was just the way I left it. I had read reports that other users had lost their global settings and/or FC settings. The update for me is rock solid.
I think anyone that went to 12.04 had the issue where they had to restore the backed up settings, that specific version had the issue and if you totally skipped it you would be fine.

Back
Top Bottom