Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.02

Why does everyone have to be so snarky nowadays? Why not just say "Hey guys, the FC firmware on the website is showing the old version?".
Sorry, wasn't trying to sound snarky.. was just reporting for those that are similar to me and waiting for them to be the full versions that are on the main Support page..

I know I wait just because you guys are all awesome and on the pulse of making sure the bugs are worked out.. and I figure once it hits the main page.. most of the bugs are gone and it's safe for us newb's

Meant no disrespect

Sorry, wasn't trying to sound snarky.. was just reporting for those that are similar to me and waiting for them to be the full versions that are on the main Support page..

I know I wait just because you guys are all awesome and on the pulse of making sure the bugs are worked out.. and I figure once it hits the main page.. most of the bugs are gone and it's safe for us newb's

Meant no disrespect
Sorry sorry sorry.. I see how that could have come across snarky.. my bad

You guys are awesome! No company does what you do, both in hardware quality as well as your attention to detail and speed to get things resolved. I'm absolutely amazed.

I am currently using a Axess Electronics FX1 foot controller with my Axe FX 3. When I change scenes or presets via the front panel, there is basically no audio dropout.

But after loading Firmware12, when I use my FX1, I notice a rather large audio dropout. Also, when using the foot controller to do it via MIDI, if you watch the front panel I see that during the audio dropout, the Axe Fx is momentarily selecting Scene 8 and then going to the scene I selected.... it's like it glitches???

I have verified that the CC #34 to select scenes and the Control values via the manual.

I reverted back to Firmware 11, no gap at all.

Love the Axe Fx 3 BTW!

I am currently using a Axess Electronics FX1 foot controller with my Axe FX 3. When I change scenes or presets via the front panel, there is basically no audio dropout.

But after loading Firmware12, when I use my FX1, I notice a rather large audio dropout. Also, when using the foot controller to do it via MIDI, if you watch the front panel I see that during the audio dropout, the Axe Fx is momentarily selecting Scene 8 and then going to the scene I selected.... it's like it glitches???

I have verified that the CC #34 to select scenes and the Control values via the manual.

Love the Axe Fx 3 BTW!
i haven't experienced that with other midi controllers. just be sure it's only sending the one message for the Scene you are selecting. the fact that it's going to Scene 8 first leads me to believe another message is being sent by something on the controller. maybe use a MIDI Monitor on a computer to make sure it's only that single message.

and I figure once it hits the main page..
I’m relatively new here too (4 months or so). This is an official forum, so if they post it here with no beta or release candidate naming, you can rest assured it’s bug free enough to be released. No software is ever bug free.

Last edited:
This weirdness started on 12.00. Im at 12.02 and its still there. The audio clip is of me just switching between two presets, both have a medium spring reverb on them. Hoping I missed something and its just a simple setting fix, but Ive never heard this before 12.

Hmmm...on second thought, it looks like I can't upload an MP3 file on here...

Can someone load up a couple presets with medium spring reverbs on them, play and switch between them and see if you are getting the same auditory issue Im having?

Love the Axe Fx 3 BTW!
Just tested it here and everything is working fine.

I copied scene 3 to scene 2 and then changed the name of scene 2 and then saved it, then I changed some settings on scene 3 and it changes the settings on scene 2 to match scene 3. Is this normal?

This weirdness started on 12.00. Im at 12.02 and its still there. The audio clip is of me just switching between two presets, both have a medium spring reverb on them. Hoping I missed something and its just a simple setting fix, but Ive never heard this before 12.

Hmmm...on second thought, it looks like I can't upload an MP3 file on here...

Can someone load up a couple presets with medium spring reverbs on them, play and switch between them and see if you are getting the same auditory issue Im having?
Yup, I'm getting a hiccup when doing this. It'll be fixed for the next release.

I feel like this is probably dumb question, but where is the real time LFO Monitor graph in the flanger block? Attached are the screen shots of what I see in the Axe Edit window. The only resemblance of a graph is above "type" where you see the general waveform of the lfo, but this isn't real time or moving by any means I can see...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-31 at 8.56.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-31 at 8.56.09 PM.png
    310.1 KB · Views: 29
  • Screen Shot 2020-01-31 at 8.56.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-31 at 8.56.31 PM.png
    295.2 KB · Views: 29
I feel like this is probably dumb question, but where is the real time LFO Monitor graph in the flanger block? Attached are the screen shots of what I see in the Axe Edit window. The only resemblance of a graph is above "type" where you see the general waveform of the lfo, but this isn't real time or moving by any means I can see...
Hardware. In the edit view of the block.

Back
Top Bottom