Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.00

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes

Improved messaging system so that changing presets while Axe-Edit is running does not cause audio dropout (requires Axe-Edit version 1.4.00 or later).

Hi
the current version and 1.04.00.
I saw that there is a version in BETA that actually offers several more controls.
in this document we have a version 1.4.00 but I can't find it
this is the Release Candidate that was released with the firmware. it's always in the Axe-Edit forum:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-edit-iii-1-04-02-rc-1.157753/

Pick your noisiest single coil guitar, crank up some gain till it hums audibly, and pick a gate block with the downward expander. Notice how it adjusts with the decay of the note and that the hum is practically GONE instead of just gated? Notice as you play you don't really hear any of that hum anymore? You may have to make slight tweaks to get it just right - different guitars respond differently.

It's an single coil players' dream and there is only one other hardware solution other than the axe 3 that I know about. Not a big deal to many, but hum and buzz and noise drives me NUTS!!! Not to mention sounds super unprofessional in one of those super formal events, or with an orchestra or just a loud stage.

It's great that the axe 3 has it because it's tweakable and works great! More options, and less gear to haul around (my decimator pro rack g has been with me on EVERY gig with the axe, and I always wished I could just replace it with a better one in the axe for tweakability and convenience, and that day is here! :) oh happy day indeed!
Two quick questions: 1. Is the expander part of the regular gate block that we already have. 2. Is there a separate setting that was added or is this just a different way the gate operates now?

It’s a new type in the Gate block.

It’s not part of the Input block.

Update Axe-Edit.

In this case that won’t suffice. The gate improvement was added in v12 Final. This requires a new Type box in the Gate block in Axe-Edit. This can’t be added through refreshing. It requires an update of AE itself, which will be released shortly.

In the meantime just use the front panel.

In this case that won’t suffice. The gate improvement was added in v12 Final. This requires a new Type box in the Gate block in Axe-Edit. This can’t be added through refreshing. It requires an update of AE itself, which will be released shortly.

Oh ok. Thanks.

Is FractalBot going slow, or am I just that impatient? I even went to an <EMPTY> preset first....

I think it, FractalBot, should be fully integrated into AxeEdit, not just launched from within. Let's just have a "FractalBot" menu in AxeEdit with submenus of "Transfer" (or Load) and "Backup". Also, I find it VERY confusing from a UX perspective that you have to click Begin and then you select what you want to backup from an array of choices. Instead of Begin, it should be Transfer/Load and that's the last thing you press before it actually does the work. The labels Send and Receive isn't intuitive... from who's perspective? One thing I would like to see is to be able to specify a collection of presets to backup and to be able to recall that collection each time I perform a Backup. It's tedious to manually back up each individual user preset and backing up an entire bank takes too long imo. Just pointing out some areas where I think there could be small, but meaningful improvements

And to add, Whenever any update of AXE FX III firmware is released, some features and settings may not be visible or work, and/or you may get false info in your existing version of AXE Edit. So before reporting the missing features, settings and false info as bugs, try the new features and settings from the front panel of the AXE FX III first. Reason being updates of AXE Edit are usually released after a firmware release.

I think it, FractalBot, should be fully integrated into AxeEdit, not just launched from within. Let's just have a "FractalBot" menu in AxeEdit with submenus of "Transfer" (or Load) and "Backup". Also, I find it VERY confusing from a UX perspective that you have to click Begin and then you select what you want to backup from an array of choices. Instead of Begin, it should be Transfer/Load and that's the last thing you press before it actually does the work. The labels Send and Receive isn't intuitive... from who's perspective? One thing I would like to see is to be able to specify a collection of presets to backup and to be able to recall that collection each time I perform a Backup. It's tedious to manually back up each individual user preset and backing up an entire bank takes too long imo. Just pointing out some areas where I think there could be small, but meaningful improvements
FracTool?
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fractool-ultimate-multitool-for-fas-devices.112538/

Back
Top Bottom