Axe-Fx III Firmware 26.01 Release

The pi fuzz is already based on the us model (normally), only the Russian one is missing (if we skip the op amp, ram’s head etc …)
IIRC the current PI Fuzz is based on the reissue of the EHX Triangle (late 60’s). The older PI Fuzz model (in Axe FX II and older III fw) was based on modern USA one. What I meant with ”USA” muff was the modern Big Muff Pi.

Yes I have done my version too, but having the pedal is cool
IIRC the current PI Fuzz is based on the reissue of the EHX Triangle (late 60’s). The older PI Fuzz model (in Axe FX II and older III fw) was based on modern USA one. What I meant with ”USA” muff was the modern Big Muff Pi.
Ah ok I was remembering the one in the axe 2 so, didn’t know it wasn’t the USA in the 3

Yep, iirc it is based on an original triangle and that was changed a few years ago in the Axe III... I'd much prefer a ram's head than a modern USA version personally, which should be the best for Gilmour tones, but I guess both have their place.

PS: or even better a Cornish P1 (schematic here: https://aionfx.com/app/files/docs/halo_deluxe_documentation.pdf)

Last edited:
Thank you! I updated, also had to update the DynaCabs to that new version, but now all my dyncabs are gone. Might have it sorted by the time someone replies, any tips appreciated.

I’m afraid this isn’t even the complete collection. It’s missing at least the Deluxe Big Muff Pi (V1 and V2, made around 78-82), which I really like. One can get close with some tweaks, though 😇

I maybe have time this week to test the new FW drive updates and can post my Deluxe Big Muff block if I can still get it to sound good. It’s the one J. Mascis used on the first Dinosaur Jr album. It’s basically the OP-amp Muff with some clean signal blend from the compressor side (mix knob, wink wink).

Wasn't sure whether to post in a new thread or not, but can someone load up the Phaser Block and select FAS Vibe and tell me if it sounds like half the gain dissapears from your tone, imagine a bad guitar lead or pot.

I was in the studio yesterday and had to record a part I usually use the FAS Vibe infront of an amp and it robbed about 50% of my gain. Gain returned to normal bypassed. Has to switch to the Classic Vibe and that was fine. It's never been a problem with previous firmwares.

Sorry can't upload a preset at the minute as the Axe FX is still in the studio and I've had to go back to work in the meantime.

Wasn't sure whether to post in a new thread or not, but can someone load up the Phaser Block and select FAS Vibe and tell me if it sounds like half the gain dissapears from your tone, imagine a bad guitar lead or pot.

I was in the studio yesterday and had to record a part I usually use the FAS Vibe infront of an amp and it robbed about 50% of my gain. Gain returned to normal bypassed. Has to switch to the Classic Vibe and that was fine. It's never been a problem with previous firmwares.

Sorry can't upload a preset at the minute as the Axe FX is still in the studio and I've had to go back to work in the meantime.
Gave it a quick try today, and it seemed like normal to me

Back
Top Bottom