Axe-Fx III Firmware 26.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few firmwares back (sorry don't remember exactly which version) the high's were awesome and I commented on it. Cliff replied thanks, glad you noticed. I think that's been lost because it's sounding digital to me again. Not any one particular model but overall. For me, it's been worth revisiting an actual amp if nothing else, for perspective.

I hear yah had to go back to 25.0 release version the magic is back for me anyway :)

I didn't notice an issue until I used the Pitch block last night. Seems like the Virtual Capo sounds like a warbly chorus, even on smooth and only 1 half step down. Anyone else?

After tinkering with the unit for a long time through studio monitors, I was floored when I recently plugged it into the effect return on my Mesa Dual Recto and a 2x12 Mesa cabinet. Every concern I had in the past regarding feel or digital sound went away immediately. I forgot who originally complained about the sound/feel, but try using the unit into a tube power amp and cab and see if that does the trick for you.

Hello all,

I think the presence knob almost to 0 creates some weird behavior on the JP models, I tried a few presets that I have around the red mode with shred enabled.

I've been playing around more with beta 26 using my Silver Sky into the EVH 5153 100W Green amp and new stealth cab and have been closer than ever to just recording and printing guitar tracks. This amp is SO underrated!

Seriously blown away here -- this is mostly bridge pickup into an Analog Comp > FET Boost > Micro Boost with delay/reverb/vibrato enabled depending on the part. No bass yet and my ears are shot with how loud I've been tracking which means the mix is probably shot too, but still stoked.

Been going through a lot of Albini videos again with his passing and have been backing the mics off farther and farther and hard panning L/R which is what is happening on this track. A distance of 10.16cm seems to be a really nice sweet spot for me to not have to do much processing, if any, after the fact.

That was lovely, thank you.

I assume that was recorded with…. a Tele?

I've been using the beta since it's release and it sounds really good but I've noticed more sizzle, fizz gainyness to the low end and maybe some in the high end as well that makes my chunky heavy preset with the Revv red not sound and feel right to me. I went back to 25 today and it wasn't nearly as dominant as the beta in that regards. I'm having trouble getting a tight sound without that distorted layer in there.

I've been using the beta since it's release and it sounds really good but I've noticed more sizzle, fizz gainyness to the low end and maybe some in the high end as well that makes my chunky heavy preset with the Revv red not sound and feel right to me. I went back to 25 today and it wasn't nearly as dominant as the beta in that regards. I'm having trouble getting a tight sound without that distorted layer in there.
Is it only the Revv Red?

Context is important here. 5ms is about how long it takes to double-click your mouse three times as fast as you can, and I would venture to guess just about everyone here could feel that difference in playing latency.

...I don't know about you guys, and to my earlier point about Vai and others being very full of shit when it comes to latency, is that I'm not getting anywhere close to 5ms lag over here. And I'm running wireless, so there's a whole extra layer between myself and the III.

Same guitar --> same cable --> into either the front of an amp or the III, blind tests for latency results will look like a coin toss, and I'll die on that hill.

Installed when it was released, and I noticed more sizzle in the highs on all my presets (Triple Crown, Rectifier, 5150III Stealth, Band Commander and Rumble ODS models).
Don't really noticed THD in the lows but sizzle in the highs more present in comparaison with fw25.
Monitoring on my Adam 7X studio monitors and Audezee LDX headphones.
Rolled back to fw25 for the moment.

Installed when it was released, and I noticed more sizzle in the highs on all my presets (Triple Crown, Rectifier, 5150III Stealth, Band Commander and Rumble ODS models).
Don't really noticed THD in the lows but sizzle in the highs more present in comparaison with fw25.
Monitoring on my Adam 7X studio monitors and Audezee LDX headphones.
Rolled back to fw25 for the moment.
I recreated my presets, so the settings might not be exactly the same as the previous ones, but my experience is opposite. I increased the cab block high cut frequency from 9500hz to 10khz with fw26.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom