Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.04 Release

If you want to update all the presets to the latest defaults, you have to manually go one by one, check if the amp type in question is one of the ones that was updated, reselect it and finally save. This is a major pain, it’s much easier to just select all the presets in Preset Manager and do a hard reset on all the presets. The only issue is presets that use the Mesa 5-band eq (Mark Series predominantly), get messed up. Including any other defaults that were previously modified.

This is exactly why I created a Wish item to see if we can hard reset without resetting the output EQ: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-output-eq-settings-during-hard-reset.205721/

For now what I’m doing is using Fractool to find any presets that use the 5 band EQ and fix them after the hard reset.

What great site, thanks, didn't know about it. I haven't done any hardware electronics in a long time, but if I was headed that way, it'd be a wonderful resource.
+1 - Not sure also how that one got by me. Awesome site for someone like me wanting to understand more for application to modelling but not really into physical amp building.

That's used to create a fixed bias voltage for the phase inverter.
So it's not a signal amplification stage.
Edit: I see Fractal beat me to it.
Just to add that tube is not being configured as a cathode follower. A cathode follower is an amplification stage that has a low output impedance and a gain of 1.
In the Hiwatt circuit they are using half of a 12ax7 to create a (DC) bias voltage. The only thing these have in common is they are taping off the cathode side of the tube.

Last edited:
This isn't a cathode follower in the classic sense. It's being used as a voltage regulator to supply a low impedance DC bias voltage to the PI. It's not in the signal path.
That's used to create a fixed bias voltage for the phase inverter.
So it's not a signal amplification stage.
Edit: I see Fractal beat me to it.
Just to add that tube is not being configured as a cathode follower. A cathode follower is an amplification stage that has a low output impedance and a gain of 1.
In the Hiwatt circuit they are using half of a 12ax7 to create a (DC) bias voltage. The only thing these have in common is they are taping off the cathode side of the tube.
Yep, that's pretty much what that article says as well

Thank you for this update, just updated (after backing up). I think I've found a bug on the stand-in switches:

I have 4 external buttons (Mosky Dual Switches) that I have setup as follows in the pics below. The HOLD functions still work, but the TAP functions no longer work after the update. I have checked my FC Controller settings (which don't change) and they still seem set up properly from inception. Pls advise?

I've attached my system backup too.
Confirmed here as well. Rolled back to 25.03 as I use an external switch to access the presets layout.

Back
Top Bottom