Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.02 Release

I've had my AXE-FX III MKII for a year now, updating each time as the new firmware was available, I really Love each version "Amazing company!"
I've been into tube amps since the late '70s but with technology moving upwards and I've tried everything, Fractal is by far the most innovative!!!
View attachment 139858
View attachment 139859
That is quite the rig/ collection. As a solo/ disabled dad, it simply couldn't work for me. I only got just over 1300 square ft. in the Ranch home I have. What I love is that my girlfriend/son always say: "let me guess Jay, you have that amp already in the Axe Fx. 3" and I say...yup😎 That Soldano head is sexy though. And so is the Friedman. Good taste in pedals too. You are making me curious to run these two heads in a blend. I'll tell you what, I have a early 90's Mick Mars preset using the Soldano and a modded JCM 800. ~Chef's kiss~👌

Hello, I'm a professional session musician so having multiple amps is part of my everyday situation. Most producers when doing commercials, like the Modelers and Profilers for the convenence and quick setup time, I'm in then out. Most professional artists will require "Amps" usually Tube Amps and or "Time Era" Marshall, Fender, Vox. In the last 20yrs doing sessions the artists also love Boutique Tube Amps, just knowing that amps were used on the projects/Albums/CD's has always been their preference. Most pro studios have their assorted tube amps and modelers/profilers.

Honestly if I wasn't doing this as my livelihood, most likely I wouldn't have the amps as I do, I'm not that into "collecting" they're tools!
But I will keep a few as my favorites but the AXE-FX III MKII has been a Valuable Asset! Side-by Side with actual Amps and individual EQ's and Frequency Analyzers, it's remarkable how close to identical they are!!! And the feel is amazing, touch senstivity & articulation, really loving it!

Here's a "shameless plug" two songs of mine, Hard Rock style that I did the same day I got my AXE-FX (sorry if it's annoying)...

Man you are far too humble. That is RIGHT up in my style! I can hear influences from "The love of God" a little Vai esque. I'm nowhere near the level your chops seem to be at man😳 But it sounded damn good to me. I'm a riffer more than a shredder, those rhythms are right up my alley. I'll do some lead and single note stuff. People tell me I'm far too humble and I'm better than I believe, so who knows. At 44, I do recognize that even with limitations and a "slow" hand, it actually made me better because it made what I CAN do, into something I can do really good. Example, take a pentatonic. Simple thing, but I can play through it in a way that doesn't sound like I'm just running through a scale, and make every note sound musical/count, using vibrato, pull offs, scrapes, double stops etc. A great piece btw. I really dug that alot!💪😎 And +1 to using real amps, especially in the studio. I just might pull the plug on 1 real head and cab one day. Maintenance and blowing tubes really scare me though😂🤔😮

Thank you! Actually I’ve never been influenced by Vai, though I respect him for sure! Steve, EVH, Lynch, Sykes and others from the ‘80s,
I’m the same age, so our influences would be similar. I’m from the school of DiMeola, Holdsworth, Jan Ackerman, Page, Blackmore, Iommi.
Regarding Tubes, I’ve always been prepared so I have at least 20 or more Quad sets of EL34, 5881, 6L6 etc. Amps are pretty easy to work on.
Music theory is a specialty with me, as years ago I was a Instructor at MI (G.I.T) Don Mock era during the ‘80s when between bands…
"EVH, Lynch, Sykes and others from the ‘80s" yes. Hell yes. Same here. Page Blackmore and Iommi too. I hated Page when I was a young ignorant teen, it took me growing older to finally say to my younger self "man what were you thinking, the man is a genuine genius". My dad always said he was sloppy but listening now, if he is sloppy, it's a brilliant kind of sloppy man😂😂

Thank you! Actually I’ve never been influenced by Vai, though I respect him for sure! Steve, EVH, Lynch, Sykes and others from the ‘80s,
I’m the same age, so our influences would be similar. I’m from the school of DiMeola, Holdsworth, Jan Ackerman, Page, Blackmore, Iommi.
Regarding Tubes, I’ve always been prepared so I have at least 20 or more Quad sets of EL34, 5881, 6L6 etc. Amps are pretty easy to work on.
Music theory is a specialty with me, as years ago I was a Instructor at MI (G.I.T) Don Mock era during the ‘80s when between bands…
I was at MI in 86 and 87 before they moved to the other side of Hollywood Blvd.

What is your name?

"EVH, Lynch, Sykes and others from the ‘80s" yes. Hell yes. Same here. Page Blackmore and Iommi too. I hated Page when I was a young ignorant teen, it took me growing older to finally say to my younger self "man what were you thinking, the man is a genuine genius". My dad always said he was sloppy but listening now, if he is sloppy, it's a brilliant kind of sloppy man😂😂
For me its that he often sounds like hes noodling like people do on their youtube "tone" videos. But you cant knock the guys success and contributions to songwriting, thats for sure.

I've had my AXE-FX III MKII for a year now, updating each time as the new firmware was available, I really Love each version "Amazing company!"
I've been into tube amps since the late '70s but with technology moving upwards and I've tried everything, Fractal is by far the most innovative!!!
View attachment 139858
View attachment 139859
I like that you have the TC unit in the rack with the Fractal. That's got to sound Amaz-Ballz.

Michael Garrett, I was at MI around ‘83 when I was between bands… (I lived off of Gower and Franklyn up in the hills).
A friend of mine around who went to MI around that time, Avi, also lived around there.

Nice to meet you Michael.

I attended a summer session at GIT in ‘83, and May have seen you there!

Back
Top Bottom