Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.00 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
The FAS Modern sounds absolutely amazing, what a model!! I don't know if it's the new firmware, or I just didn't give the FAS Modern a fair shot previously, but THAT amp is going into the rotation for FW25!!
It’s always been amazing but this FW fills out the high mids in that amp in a most pleasing manner. It sounded scooped to the extent of having screechy high end in previous FWs (which was easy to dial out, just turn down the Presence) but this FW makes it sound sweet yet cutting.

Last edited:
Did we give up when the German’s bombed Pearl Harbor?
200.gif

No firmware update got me that excited in a long time. Excited.. . and frustrated, because I can't check it, as my ears are currently non-functional because of a nasty tropical sinusitis 😷 The frequency responses in my hearing are totally distorted! But as soon as I get my ears back, I'll be all over it

Just an appreciation here- new fw installed - and played though factor presets…wow it sounds great, maybe a bit less ‘hifi’ but I have the feeling of a more organic/complex sound and better feel under the hands. Now I will have to study all the other new features :).

Many thanks Cliff and all the guys at Fractal - and all the forum guys having all these info and different point of view is really helpful- love this community!

Cheers

No firmware update got me that excited in a long time. Excited.. . and frustrated, because I can't check it, as my ears are currently non-functional because of a nasty tropical sinusitis 😷 The frequency responses in my hearing are totally distorted! But as soon as I get my ears back, I'll be all over it
I can confirm the update does incredible wonders on the boutique blues pack ... 😍

Speedy recovery brother

This is so good!
Thankyou very much. I just lost a few hours in your wonderful creation.
Pauly

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/25p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_25p00.zip

Updated Axe-Edit is here:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-iii-edit/

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

New “Cygnus X-3” amp modeling:

• Improved preamp algorithms.
  • Improved power amp algorithms.
  • Improved output transformer loss modeling.
  • Improved preamp supply voltage modeling.
  • Nearly all amp models have been “remastered” as a result of new measurement techniques and analytical methods.
As a consequence of the new modeling many default parameter values have been changed. Existing presets are automatically updated to the new parameter values upon recall. The updated parameters are:

• Preamp Low Cut Freq
  • Preamp Hi Cut Freq
  • Triode1/2 Plate Frequency
  • All Cathode Follower parameters
  • Preamp Bias
  • Preamp Bias Excursion
  • PI Bias Excursion
  • Power Tube Bias Excursion
  • Transformer LF/HF
  • Transformer Drive
  • Power Tube Grid Bias
  • Cathode Resistance
  • Cathode Time Constant
  • Negative Feedback
  • Supply Sag
Added “Sunrise Splendor” Drive model. Existing model renamed “Sunrise Splendor Hi-Cut” to denote that the Hi-Cut switch is engaged.

Added “Class-A 30W Brilliant” Amp model.

Added “Kill Dry” control to Delay, Multitap Delay, Pitch, Plex and Reverb blocks. When set to ON the dry signal is muted. This simplifies routing these blocks in parallel. When using these blocks in parallel the user can turn Kill Dry on and set the wet level using the Mix control, leaving the Level control at 0dB. This also has the advantage that the wet level is controlled by the global Reverb/Effects Mix, if desired.

Improved Input block Noise Gate.

Improved Classic Expander and Modern Expander types in Gate block.

Fixed wrong Miller capacitance value in Deluxe Verb Vibrato, Double Verb Vibrato, Super Verb Vibrato and all Vibrato Verb models.

Fixed wrong FX loop recovery gain in Suhr Badger models.

Fixed global settings not recalled if MIDI data is present on the MIDI In jack during bootup.

Fixed wrong Overdrive Volume taper in ODS-100 HRM, ODS-100 Ford and Bludojai Lead amp models. Existing presets should be auditioned and adjusted as necessary.

Various other fixes and improvements.

You have control of the taper in the modifier window.
Sure, I wrote that just to make people aware.
Btw, it also changes based on the block, for example reverb and multitap delay have a mix law that reduces the volume by 3dB when mix is at 50%, plex delay and pitch reduce it by 6dB and normal delay block doesn't reduce it at all so, for this last one, half of the travel of the exp pedal would do nothing with default modifier settings and kill-dry turned on.

So, imho, it's still better to attach an exp pedal to input gain or level rather than mix, just to have a consistent behaviour.

Last edited:
Hope you feel better soon. I guess paradise has its downsides.

I was thinking the same thing.
The Kill dry feature is how the block behaves when active. The mute in and mute out are the bypass behaviors when the block is not used.
I was also wondering about this, I will check if I hear an additional DRY SIGNAL (Volume Increase) when a BLOCK like the Delay is BYPASSED and set to THRU, but set to KILL DRY state when ON. Would this mean an increase in Volume when BYPASSED or because when engaged it's only one signal now going thru with the EFFECT on full (or not depending on the MIX) and when BYPASSED (on THRU) the same SIGNAL goes thru but un Effected? Does this make sense? Anyone? (In PARALLEL of Course). I think I just described what the KILL DRY was designed to solve, DUH, I think?

I was also wondering about this, I will check if I hear an additional DRY SIGNAL (Volume Increase) when a BLOCK like the Delay is BYPASSED and set to THRU, but set to KILL DRY state when ON. Would this mean an increase in Volume when BYPASSED or because when engaged it's only one signal now going thru with the EFFECT on full (or not depending on the MIX) and when BYPASSED (on THRU) the same SIGNAL goes thru but un Effected? Does this make sense? Anyone? (In PARALLEL of Course)
If using Kill Dry you typically wouldn't use THRU. Use any of the other modes. If you want the tails use Mute Fx In or Mute In.

In the Past I was getting by with adding a FILTER BLOCK to Increase or decrease to Compensate between SCENES, not quite ideal, but this is a Game Changer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom