Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.00 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding Kill Dry: For parallel effects, I have been using Mix @ 100% and using Input Gain to add the effect via expression pedal. So the preferred setup now, would be to enable Kill Dry, set the Input Gain to 100% and attach the pedal to the Mix control?
same question here.... This is how most of my delay/pitch blocks are setup currently.

Incredible update!! I'm so f*cking happy, my 24.05 presets only need minor touchups to some of the listed changed parameters, and they sound better than ever. So many subtle but critical changes, the "feel" on these presets has improved greatly, and it just plays better. Hard to put some of this into words, the changes almost have to be experienced from 24 to 25 to understand what these changes amount to.

Total success, thanks Cliff!! It's so hard to imagine these improvements with every major release, because with every new revision it seems as if there can be no improvement, it's perfection, and then we get a new major version with obvious improvements. We are soooo fortunate, I have absolutely no idea how anyone could possible choose any other modelling platform!!! As long as we have Cliff, nothing beats Fractal!
Agreed 100%. Only needed to change preamp low cuts on a few of my presets. If FW 24.05 was a hulking hellbeast wrapped in chains bursting through the earth, in FW25 he has exploded to the surface and ripped his chains off😳😁 Man I've been playing my a## off! Let's fn GOOOOO boys!😎

Regarding Kill Dry: For parallel effects, I have been using Mix @ 100% and using Input Gain to add the effect via expression pedal. So the preferred setup now, would be to enable Kill Dry, set the Input Gain to 100% and attach the pedal to the Mix control?
You can activate Kill Dry and continue managing the amount of effect by regulating the same input Gain parameter with the expression pedal, if you want to maintain the same feeling as before (no abrupt spillover cut-off).
However, there is no single correct answer here. You could do it the other way you suggest and it won't be bad either, although the sensation will not be exactly the same, since you would be directly affecting the level of the delay tails, instead of the input of the effect.
Back...there is no right or wrong way, as long as you achieve the effect you're looking for. The two options have subtle differences. Choose the one that sounds like you like the most ;)

Last edited:
Either way. If you use Input Gain the tails will stay the same volume if you rock the pedal down. If you use Mix you'll kill the tails if you rock the pedal down.

It’s never too late. Did we give up when the German’s bombed Pearl Harbor?
Germans? Or Japanese? Or maybe I've slipped into an alternate universe. . . It happened once before. But I thought it was the mushrooms!

Mushroom Psychadelic GIF by SuperTrip64

The hits just keep coming with fw25! I'm not a Vox guy, but the new AC30 Brilliant is INSTANT Rich Robinson/Black Crowes!! Took all of 5 minutes to dial in that glorious tone with just the amp and cab blocks! I got close with the other AC30s we have already, but this one is perfection with just a handful of tweaks.

Oddly I'm using one of my Wylde Odins with the 81/85's because it was in my hands at the time and definitely NOT what Rich is rockin' with, but good Lord man they sound sooooo perfect, both bridge and neck in this capacity. Glass or brass slides, they all sound amazing.

Also, there are plenty of Class-A 2x12 cab/mic combos built into the factory cabs to use, but also now using a custom blend via CabLab 4 with the newest DynaCab VOX 2x12, I just bought it last night for this new amp model.

Lastly, I decided to just go and give a few random system presets a go again with the new firmware. First up was Beef Supreme (because Mike Judge is clearly a prophet ;) 🤘) and it's incredible!! The FAS Modern sounds absolutely amazing, what a model!! I don't know if it's the new firmware, or I just didn't give the FAS Modern a fair shot previously, but THAT amp is going into the rotation for FW25!!

There is SO much to revisit, I hope you all are having as much fun and pure joy as I am!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom