Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.00 Public Beta (Cygnus X-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did another quick demo using my main high gain preset with YA IR's. I copied it to another slot, renamed fw25, soft reset and input all the fw24 settings and recorded this riff. Some may recognize it.

Now to do the same for the other channels of that block lol

Love you song choice for this demo!!!!

I am going to give some suggestions to those who may need it regarding the adjustment of presets after updates. I will run 17 presets this weekend for a pretty good sized show. So, I will wait until after the show to update. Then, this weekend, I will get a big glass of iced tea, and use the update time as my practice time. I update and make adjustments while I run exercises on guitar. Once I get the NEW amp adjusted, I will copy it to the library and import it into the necessary preset. Bang x 17 with 5 scenes apiece. Pretty quick. Same for cab block. Someone is about to hand me a new amp. And that is always welcome. I will run the modes and do my finger stretches while adjusting this new amp. And get ready for the next show. Practice plus adjust. Goes really quick. You know, like the tweakers at GC who sit at a 5150 for 2 hours playing every VH song they know. Now that is time optimization! Stay positive! Amps on the block for me will be: JP2C, JVM410, MKIV GREEN, WRECKER LIVERPOOL. Chips and salsa will be served.

Did another quick demo using my main high gain preset with YA IR's. I copied it to another slot, renamed fw25, soft reset and input all the fw24 settings and recorded this riff. Some may recognize it.

Now to do the same for the other channels of that block lol

Opeth is so awesome. My Arms, Your Hearse & Blackwater Park are a couple of my favorite albums.

Will this eventually come to FM9 turbo?

Pirate Captain GIF by Pirate's Parley

When were the presets last updated?
I’m curious to if they are close to sounding as originally intended.

Yes. The whole point of resetting the amp block is to get the new defaults for that model. If you select them all to be left alone, there's no point in resetting.
Thank you. Yes, I tried it again with a soft reset of the 1959SLP and just adaption of parameters which I also could change on a normal amp like, knob setting, tubes, bias and additionally dynamics. I hear and feel the difference, not much of sound difference but a better feeling, a more realistic reaction (dynamics) and not such perfect straight . There is that kind of randomness in the sound and it dirtier. GREAT WORK FRACTAL!!! This could be the last 5% to get the 100% of tube amp sound. But you know, modelers just sound digital ... :tearsofjoy: ... the others miss so much!

Remark to all FM3/FM9 users which are waiting: Just compare and sum the CPU load for all the different blocks you need and you see that only the AXE FX III gives you enought flexibility - Thats why Fractal can play with it and release all these better FWs. Just make the step to AXE FX III incl. FC and you are happy!!! You also don't play games on a Celeron CPU.

Last edited:
Thats why Fractal can play with it and release all these better FWs. Just make the step to AXE FX III incl. FC and you are happy!!! You also don't play games on a Celeron CPU.
In France an axe 3 plus a simple fc6 is about 3650$ so that’s a bit expensive for updates.
And the « fm3 celeron » starts at at about 1600$.

So as a fool thought it was enough budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom