Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.00 Public Beta (Cygnus X-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are all firmware updates this confusing? 🥴
no. update firmware, hard-reset the amp blocks you use and dial them in again. that's all there is to it.

but i think the "amp blocks you use" part of that is what is causing some worry and confusion.

i think most "working professionals" have 1 to any number of presets they use regularly, and knowing the number of presets they use, they can visualize the work needed to be done. it's a finite number. "i have 20 presets for my cover gig and need to update 10 amp channels" for example.

i believe some of the "worry" being shown comes from those who preset hop around the axe and don't really commit themselves to any presets. compared to the working guy, suddenly i'd have to reset all amp channels, in all 380+ factory presets, and any presets i've purchased, and any future presets... etc etc. phrased this way, there is an undetermined amount of work to be done because they don't have "just a few presets" they have "all" the presets to update. THAT seems daunting for sure compared to the working guy who just has 10 to do.

i know cliff said the current factory presets are fine, and i agree. however i do foresee us updating them so new users, or users who just dabble a few minutes a day can have an updated starting point.

as far as all the details concerning hard-reset, soft-reset, manage page reset, and anything in between, i think these details shouldn't matter to most users.

if you WANT to start the amp with the new/intended default parameters, do a hard-reset.

anything other than a hard-reset will cause you to use your ears to determine if it sounds good or not.

I wonder if there’s a way to update all the factory preset cabs to use DynaCabs and tweak them programmatically to sound as close as possible to the previously assigned IRs.

The Presets Team hands-on and ears-on is the only way.
Far more IR variety than stock dyna-cabs to match with I imagine. And really, what would be the point? The destination of the dyna-cabpacks is to become Fractal IRs. They make dialing in a sound quicker with lots more possibility, but they aren’t particularly better in any way, are they?

I wonder if there’s a way to update all the factory preset cabs to use DynaCabs and tweak them programmatically to sound as close as possible to the previously assigned IRs.

Sure, you can both programmatically control the dynacab and programmatically compare the result to the target IR to achieve a "close as possible" match. But it would be a huge job for very little benefit. Let us know how it goes :).

More overthought than confusing. It's no different than previous modeling changes. When the underlying algorithms change, you'll have to re-evaluate and sometimes re-tweak your presets.

8kcxr9.jpg

I'm sure a good solution is forthcoming. Breathe in, breathe out, repeat.... :)

While you wait, a fun song about the totally sane subject of "I need to hurry up and relax"....
Listen to So Many Things to Do by John Megyesi on #SoundCloud

Apparently the phone app share linky no worky like the desktop app linky....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom