Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.00 Public Beta #2 (Cygnus X-3 Release Candidate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure this is intuitive to many, but in case you hadn't thought to try recently, because of the latest updates I highly recommend revisiting amps you haven't gelled with before. You may be surprised. For a long time I was a 5150 guy, then 5150-II, but I've found with the new update I actually prefer the high gain Ecstasy with the bright off. For cleans and blues rock tones I had been going for the Trainwreck Rocket, but I'm now preferring the Deluxe Reverb. Just a thought, but the feel is different enough now to breathe new life for me with models I had previously dismissed.

PS I love all the Friedmans regardless of firmware haha.

I'm sure this is intuitive to many, but in case you hadn't thought to try recently, because of the latest updates I highly recommend revisiting amps you haven't gelled with before. You may be surprised. For a long time I was a 5150 guy, then 5150-II, but I've found with the new update I actually prefer the high gain Ecstasy with the bright off. For cleans and blues rock tones I had been going for the Trainwreck Rocket, but I'm now preferring the Deluxe Reverb. Just a thought, but the feel is different enough now to breathe new life for me with models I had previously dismissed.

PS I love all the Friedmans regardless of firmware haha.
The XTC is an outstanding amp , I don’t gel with the modern mode as much but if you push the blue/ red w a boost it is a great tone

Defnetly - you can get funny crazy Ring Modulator Fuzzy Tones out of it with extreme settings. (Hi rates for Supply Sag, Screen Frequency and Screen Q, Low setiings for B+ Time Constant). I like it to experiment with those broken Amp sounds.
For sure,, or like the wicked oscillating tremolo sounds ;-)

I like it to experiment with those broken Amp sounds.
For sure,, or like the wicked oscillating tremolo sounds ;-)
I like to play too. Sometimes random amp bugs are cool before they get fixed. Would love access to a debug version to play with but that's probably getting into proprietary "we could show you, but we'd have to kill you" territory.

We already got a ton of behind-the-scenes amp circuit parameter control that no other vendor provides, but pulling back the curtains too much opens Pandora's box and then FAS has to reverse course to avoid user issues/complaints.

Last edited:
I like to play too. Sometimes random amp bugs are cool before they get fixed. Would love access to a debug version to play with but that's probably getting into proprietary "we could show you, but we'd have to kill you" territory.

We already got a ton of behind-the-scenes amp circuit parameter control that no other vendor provides, and pulling back the curtains too much opens Pandora's box and then FAS has to reverse course to avoid user issues/complaints.
As is, I think the firmware is a great tool for anyone wanting to learn how amps work. An FM3 and several of the circuit books would let someone experiment with the various mods without worrying about smoke and sparks flying off the board. They might make it sound like h*ll, but it's easy to revert and retry. :)

Maybe I'm one of the knuckleheads that wasn't doing the resetting right...because I just ran through about 3-4 different amps (couldn't make myself leave each one) and it's unbelievably great sounding at the moment. Like, put that thing in wax and throw away fractool good.

The Princeton sounds like a freaking Princeton in the room. The differentiation of the amps is more than I've ever heard in a modeler. Now - I play mostly combo, Fender, Vox style EOB amps...but damn, pulled up a 50W Marshall and it was just disgustingly good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom