Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.00 Public Beta #2 (Cygnus X-3 Release Candidate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else notice that the ODS-100 Ford model got really quiet? I mean like practically inaudible at stock settings. Noticed this with the beta 2 version as well. Reloaded the beta 3 version twice, as I did with the beta 2 version, but still the same faint whisper from an amp that used to almost roar at default settings. I know Cliff stated Cygnus 3 was a significant change to the algorithm and that's fine. But am I doing something wrong?

Edit: sorry, meant beta 2 and beta 1....ugh, not enough coffee this morning.
This has been fixed for the final release. The Overdrive Volume taper is wrong. For now turn Overdrive Volume up to compensate.

One more recommendation: I'm getting unbelievable cleans, EoB, and bluesy tones from the Capt Hook 1A. Again, this model was one I tried a bunch for a while but would always move on from. Now it's singing for me.
The Hook models have been among my favorites since I first tried them, but they are on another level now. Everything from beautiful warm cleans and killer EoB on 1A, all the way to some of the best hi gain "Marshall" sounds in the box on Capt Hook 3B with the Shimmer drive in front. I can get lost for hours on that one. LOVE the Capt Hook models.

I don't do betas, not enough play time to mess with features and tones that may change or go away in the final release.

So, I'm super looking forward to the final release! Everybody's talking it up so hard, I can hardly wait. It'll get here though I know, I'm good.

Last edited:
I don't do betas, not enough play time to mess with features and tones that may change or go away in the final release.

So, I'm super looking forward to the final release! Everybody's talking it up so hard, I can hardly wait. It'll get here though I know, I'm good.

I think especially since you like lower gain tones you'll freak out over this one. You can just feel the complexity of the lower gain tones in this visceral way.

Today I built another bass preset. In addition to other drives, I like to use the B7K pedal. A while ago I noticed that the "Mix" parameter in some drives wasn't working properly (B7K, all fuzz pedals, 3+4 Knob Tube Driver, Shimmer Drive, etc.), so i had to do a Vol Block in Parallel with these Drives which was not so comfortable to dial in my sound.

When I used the mix control in the B7K drive today, it suddenly worked wonderfully!
(I immediately checked my FM3 with the same preset to make sure I wasn't completely crazy...), but Cliff seems to have fixed the mixpots in the affected drives!
Thank you very much, that made me very happy!
I haven't read this in any release notes either and I always read them carefully...

Cliff says he has a couple of minor bug fixes for the final release, but after playing this update for a couple of days, all I can keep thinking is "We are done here". Lol

I realize this needs an example...you know how you plug into a Twin Reverb and play it completely clean, the chords have this complex chiminess to them. I swear the Fractal has more complexity and harmonics going on than the damn analog amp does. Crazy, I know. Fender guys are going to love Cygnus X-3.

Did you like the Marshall’s with this update ?
Like for everything in the unit that got a lot of gain, it is more tricky to not have something too much « wild ». Before Marshall’s were great in a minute. Now it is more difficult

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom