Axe-Fx III Firmware 24.05 Release

Since dynacabs are not minimum phase and have a bit of leading silence, I guess the dry signal introduced by the Air parameter is not time-aligned with the IR and so it's out of phase on some frequencies

PS: i don't remember if Smoothing is available in dyna-cab mode, but raising a tiny bit that parameter should solve the issue (cuz it applies MPT)
Thanks for your insight, I understand a bit more what is happening now.
So if I understand correctly the Air parameter is mixing some of the dry signal with the cab signal.
I tried to add some Smoothing but it doesn't work.

Moving the time-alignment of the cab changes how the air react but it doesn't seems possible to align it perfectly to the dry signal as the cab signal has this leading silence and we can't move it back in time.
I guess the ideal would be to be able to time-align the dry signal going into the Air parameter to the cab signal but it doesn't seems to be possible as it is.

@Rex I answered in the original thread :)

@Moondog Wily thanks for the compliments !

Last edited:
Is there something off for me? I keep seeing people say "Authentic" page, but I only see "Tone" and they all have Input Trim or more knobs on the bottom row. Is that...right?
Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 11.45.16 AM.png

Is there something off for me? I keep seeing people say "Authentic" page, but I only see "Tone" and they all have Input Trim or more knobs on the bottom row. Is that...right?
View attachment 134631

View attachment 134631
Authentic is what the tone page used to be called. It's a recent change.

Oh, I thought the "Tone" label was supposed to be "Authentic" and I wasn't sure if other parameters were supposed to be along the bottom that weren't on the amps. If that's how it should be, then no issue. It was just confusing hearing about the Authentic page and it didn't seem to line up with reality.

Oh, I thought the "Tone" label was supposed to be "Authentic" and I wasn't sure if other parameters were supposed to be along the bottom that weren't on the amps. If that's how it should be, then no issue. It was just confusing hearing about the Authentic page and it didn't seem to line up with reality.
That's on the Ideal tab.

Tone (previously Authentic) has the controls which would be on the real amp, so changes by model. Ideal will stay constant

Blocks Guide: "The Tone page is set by default to show “authentic” controls"

Guía de bloques: "La página Tono está configurada de forma predeterminada para mostrar controles "auténticos""
This being the case, the question is whether it is correct for all amplifiers to display the "Trim Input" control on the "Tone"/Authentic page

Thanks, all. I think it was mostly me missing the new name and what the slang is.

As @tripulante.db pointed out, I also wonder if it's correct that Input Trim and sometimes Overdrive Volume are on that page? Seems like if it's not a knob or switch on the outside of the amp, maybe not.

Last edited:
This being the case, the question is whether it is correct for all amplifiers to display the "Trim Input" control on the "Tone"/Authentic page
I do also wonder if it's correct that Input Trim and usually some other level are on that page? Seems like if it's not a knob or switch on the outside of the amp, maybe not.

It's certainly "authentic" for all those amps that have high and low inputs, since setting input trim to 0.5 is how you simulate plugging in the attenuated input.
But regardless, it's convenient to have it there imho, as is convenient to have level, balance, input mode and bypass mode shown on the right

Fair enough. Thanks for the insights! Never had an amp with those, which means nothing, so I just haven't been well versed there.

It's certainly "authentic" for all those amps that have high and low inputs, since setting input trim to 0.5 is how you simulate plugging in the attenuated input.
But regardless, it's convenient to have it there imho, as is convenient to have level, balance, input mode and bypass mode shown on the right
Excellent clarification and I very much agree with this approach. Thank you so much!

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/24p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_24p05.zip

Couple minor fixes.

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Removed Presence control from Two Stone J35 models Authentic menu because real amp doesn’t have one.

Fixed excessive delay from Pitch block at first use if the Shift and Detune amounts are both 0.0.
Strange....after this update my Cab2 block I have running in stereo (hard pan left) does not seem to have output after the update in any of my presets. What am I doing incorrectly? Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom