Axe-Fx III Firmware 24.04 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outstanding update!!! Ive got to say that while I loved the D60 series I, I am REALLY liking this series II and prefer it to the first model. Both Recto models have gained a certain something I'm loving a lot too.

We are so spoiled! Thanks Cliff, your pursuit of perfection is a point of pride and joy in ownership of my AxeFx's. I still really can't believe how amazing we have it. To think I had easily half a ton of amplifiers and cabs....nice ones, racks of gear, and I look back on those days and just laugh as I fire up my AxeFx and choose from a fever dream full of top shelf everything, and it all sounds incredible!!

With @GlennO and his recording guide, the studio has never been a more efficient and pleasurable experience.

Life changing piece of gear, man. "Thanks" doesn't even begin to cover it. Love ya Cliff & Co!!!
You really summed it up for me too. Can you imagine auditioning real cabs, swapping heads..idk man it seems mind-blowing with the amount of variation and ease of use with just a touch of the finger.

Is scene revert=on working for everyone else?

In scene 1, my chorus block is bypassed in the saved state.
After loading the preset, on scene 1 I enable the Chorus.
Changing to scene 2 and chorus is off as expected
... but switching back to scene 1 and the chorus is enabled again.

I've rebooted the unit, still the same
I've enabled the block from AxeEdit and also the front panel - behaviour is the same for both
( FC12 isn't connected right now )

I've turned scene revert off, then back on, still the same.
Fw 24.4

I'm sure it's a user problem - I'll try more tomorrow if it's working for everyone else correctly.

In scene 1, my chorus block is bypassed in the saved state.
After loading the preset, on scene 1 I enable the Chorus.
Changing to scene 2 and chorus is off as expected
... but switching back to scene 1 and the chorus is enabled again.

I've rebooted the unit, still the same
I've enabled the block from AxeEdit and also the front panel - behaviour is the same for both
( FC12 isn't connected right now )

I've turned scene revert off, then back on, still the same.
Fw 24.4

I'm sure it's a user problem - I'll try more tomorrow if it's working for everyone else correctly.

Could you post the preset? I wonder if you have Scene Ignore on, because that would override Scene Revert.

I tried the new 5150 amp, the 6160 lead in the amp list, I liyterally had a hard on man!!!, what a f*cking amp geezzzz so much pleasure, what a gain!!! the harmonics wow!

Last edited:
Me, first week of getting the Fractal:
randy marsh masturbating GIF by South Park

FC12 isn't connected right now
The state only reverts if you change scenes via FCx or MIDI. Switching scenes via front panel or Axe-Edit won't revert. If it did, that would make editing somewhat of a hassle as you'd have to save frequently to avoid losing changes when trying to configure initial states of multiple scenes.

(Note: the Axe-FX III manual section on Scene Revert has some entirely incorrect information about how this actually works, and possibly confusing vague usage of "change" to mean both "alter block bypass/channel state(s) while remaining on one scene" and "load a new scene".)

Note: the Axe-FX III manual section on Scene Revert has some entirely incorrect information about how this actually works, and possibly confusing vague usage of "change" to mean both "alter block bypass/channel state(s) while remaining on one scene" and "load a new scene".)
If you haven't already, PM Matt... He'll get it corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom