Axe-Fx III Firmware 24.04 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question about the Vintage Digital Delay: manual says the bitrate is set lower with this type (16 bit maybe?). If so, setting the Bit Reduction to 8 it becomes 8 bit? Right?

EDIT: figured out it should be 12 bit by default, so setting the Bit Reduction to 4 should emulate 8 bits?

The parameter reflects how many bits are removed from the full 24 bit samples. The default setting of 16 gives 8 bit samples since 24-16=8.

Sweet update For soMe killer…
NO FORUM FOR YOU!
Seinfeld Soup GIF

The parameter reflects how many bits are removed from the full 24 bit samples. The default setting of 16 gives 8 bit samples since 24-16=8.
But the manual says the bitrate is set lower with the Vintage Digital Delay type. IIRC setting it to above 13 makes it kind of unusable already. 24-13=11. That can’t be right.

The D60 was updated to "Series II" specs.
the d60 more now sounds a bit gainier and "spongy" (like the gain stages moved further down - dont know how well that describes it)
i've seen people who use the actual amp prefer the series 1 version. is there some reason you updated this model?
and is there some parameter that can compensate for the change and bring it closer to the previous one? it seems to have lost some of the snappiness and fast response in return for more gain...

I am sure Cliff appreciates people complaining about the FM3 being behind in every release thread.
Geez, don't misunderstand, I'm not complaining at all. Simply making a lighthearted comment as to the amazing progression of the axefx3. Love my axefx3 and am perfectly content with my FM units. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't mind if they stayed right where they're at, they serve my purpose. Y'all need to relax

Last edited:
the d60 more now sounds a bit gainier and "spongy" (like the gain stages moved further down - dont know how well that describes it)
i've seen people who use the actual amp prefer the series 1 version. is there some reason you updated this model?
and is there some parameter that can compensate for the change and bring it closer to the previous one? it seems to have lost some of the snappiness and fast response in return for more gain...
I updated it because I wanted to.
To get the sound of the previous model roll back to an earlier firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom