Axe-Fx III Firmware 24.03 Release

Wish I'd kept my Ultra, just to have the collection.
Same with me. I sold my Ultra which I used for at least 10 years, did hundreds of gigs and recording to a friend for the price he offered, which was a good price for the buyer.
Heh. Yeah, I sometimes think I should have held on to my AX8. So many gigs; so many memories. The sale covered 100% of my FM3, but still.

Gigging the new firmware tonight and I'm excited Cliff. Thank you so much! If I still drank onstage I'd have a shot of tequila in your honor. We use to drink until we were almost falling down back in the day but I have given that up now that I'm older and it hurts more later.

The brit silver is amazing now. I don't know what you did but I am loving it. I never liked it before but now its just wow!! A little CC boost and it just comes alive now. Thank you Cliff
Question, I have a "garage inc. tone" preset with a Cameron CCV 2D as a Wizard alternative, and a "Brit. Silver" as an amp B. (I read somewhere that the preamp is very similar to the Wizard MC) Should I do that thing where I dis-select the SJ and re-select to "refresh" it?

Question, I have a "garage inc. tone" preset with a Cameron CCV 2D as a Wizard alternative, and a "Brit. Silver" as an amp B. (I read somewhere that the preamp is very similar to the Wizard MC) Should I do that thing where I dis-select the SJ and re-select to "refresh" it?
The Wizard is 100% based on the silver Jube , it’s is filtered more so it’s tighter less compressed
Basically try changing your tubes to JJ el34 , JJ preamp
Reduce preamp and output compression
Tweak the negative feedback and you should be able to hit the Modern Classic pretty easily comparing sound clips to the model

The Wizard is 100% based on the silver Jube , it’s is filtered more so it’s tighter less compressed
Basically try changing your tubes to JJ el34 , JJ preamp
Reduce preamp and output compression
Tweak the negative feedback and you should be able to hit the Modern Classic pretty easily comparing sound clips to the model
Yes! I did the negative feedback thing with both, as well as the output compression. I'll give the tube thing a try. Believe it or not, the CCV 2D with the adjustments you mentioned, sounds even more "marshal+hiwatty than the jube. Very dry, tight, and chimey high fi ish on top. But I'm curious to tinker with this newer one. TY man!

Yes! I did the negative feedback thing with both, as well as the output compression. I'll give the tube thing a try. Believe it or not, the CCV 2D with the adjustments you mentioned, sounds even more "marshal+hiwatty than the jube. Very dry, tight, and chimey high fi ish on top. But I'm curious to tinker with this newer one. TY man!
Yep , Marshall / Hiwatty get you into VHT territory,pitbulls they are like hot rodded Hiwatts , very little compression and dry
The Wizard has some of that to
The Wizard boost. Like the Cameron and Jube is also a clipping diode
So you could turn on the saturation with the tones you mentioned above

Heh. Yeah, I sometimes think I should have held on to my AX8. So many gigs; so many memories. The sale covered 100% of my FM3, but still.
Wish I'd kept my Ultra, just to have the collection.
Same with me. I sold my Ultra which I used for at least 10 years, did hundreds of gigs and recording to a friend for the price he offered, which was a good price for the buyer.
I have zero regrets selling my II and can’t think of any situation where I would use that over the III.

It was a big change at the time, but in hindsight, it feels more like an evolution of the same product.

Did you try unplugging and re plugging your cable?
I did. I resent the firmware (1.13), changed the FX firmeware and back, checked all the settings ... The display responds with brightness but no text. The main display is fine. I sent a note to support to see if there is something else that can be done.
This is a unit that sits at home exclusively.

The firmware honeymoon stage isn't going away. This thing is bonkers. I can't stop playing.
I have arthritis hitting me bad but it doesn't matter lol........ this is the real deal for me, I know people have said this before but now the feel from my fingers and guitar now translates to ever amp model I pull up. It has enspired me to finish songs that I have started and so on. Their hardwork and dedication to achive greatness are greatly appreciated! Cheers

I did. I resent the firmware (1.13), changed the FX firmeware and back, checked all the settings ... The display responds with brightness but no text. The main display is fine. I sent a note to support to see if there is something else that can be done.
This is a unit that sits at home exclusively.
Did you try a new cable? I have had it where the cable was not working correctly. If you have already tried everything hopefully support has a solution.

Gigging the new firmware tonight and I'm excited Cliff. Thank you so much! If I still drank onstage I'd have a shot of tequila in your honor. We use to drink until we were almost falling down back in the day but I have given that up now that I'm older and it hurts more later.
I had a great night and the firmware sounded awesome and performed flawlessly! I'm the guy in the middle.

Attachments

• 9321.jpeg
    9321.jpeg
    135.4 KB · Views: 150
I have arthritis hitting me bad but it doesn't matter lol........ this is the real deal for me, I know people have said this before but now the feel from my fingers and guitar now translates to ever amp model I pull up. It has enspired me to finish songs that I have started and so on. Their hardwork and dedication to achive greatness are greatly appreciated! Cheers
I feel you man, I had 3 seizures in a last year. Still feeling it in my bones now for 3 weeks. It’s real PITA, but clean diet helps a lot. Only problem is that my no.1 beloved meal is a proper steak 😔

Back
Top Bottom