Axe-Fx III Firmware 24.03 Release

Was the delay block active in the previous scene? If yes, it isn't a bug. The bypass mode is irrelevant

Found a bug with Scene switching, even though all my scenes have the delay bypassed, if I switch whist playing you can hear the tail of the delay repeats after the switch. The delay is turned on via the Control Switch 1 modifier.
Hi

This is an easy fix, change the mute type on the delay block.

I've tested it and you're right you do get a small burst of noise if there's a signal present as you change scenes.

If you change the bypass behavior from it's current value of 'Mute In' to 'Mute FX Out' (which makes a lot of sense, because that's what you want to do), this noise does not happen (I've tested to prove)

I'm confused. If the delay is bypassed, regardless of the mute type, would it generate any repeats to get spilled?

Not arguing with anybody, I'm just wondering how it's supposed to work.

If only the output is muted (either Mute Out or Mute FX Out) the delay is still "listening".
As it should be :). Yet if it is bypassed (whether mute, mute in, mute fx out) across all scenes -- thus configured to not produce 'effected' output to other blocks -- logically, shouldn't it not produce any output regardless of bypass type when switching scenes/channels? (Understand if there are switching/gapless complexities involved that might make this difficult.)

EDIT: I misunderstood - didn't realize it was related to control switch use in this particular case.

Last edited:
As it should be :). Yet if it is bypassed (whether mute, mute in, mute fx out) across all scenes -- thus configured to not produce 'effected' output to other blocks -- logically, shouldn't it not produce any output regardless of bypass type when switching scenes/channels? (Understand if there are switching/gapless complexities involved that might make this difficult.)
Yes, that's the way it works.

I think (not knowing anything about anything), that because you had it set to mute in - for a split/fractional second, when you switch scenes the input 'opens', just for the tiniest of times.

However that doesn't happen with Mute FX Out, and therefore you get no noise.

Whether it's a bug, an intended behavior or just a foible - there is an easy way to stop this happening (as per my other post)

Found a bug with Scene switching, even though all my scenes have the delay bypassed, if I switch whist playing you can hear the tail of the delay repeats after the switch. The delay is turned on via the Control Switch 1 modifier.
I've seen this before where external MIDI is out of sync with the saved state of an effect. Try this:

1. Remove the modifier.
2. Turn the delay OFF in all scenes. (You have it ON in some and OFF in some)
3. Save the preset.
4. Re-do the modifier.
5. Save the preset.

My previous post seems to have been deleted for being not related but it was a reply to Peter and I see this as a bug or unwanted behavior.
If we have to choose MUTE IN or MUTE FX IN in order for tails to be heard and it is causing issues with scene changes with other reverbs or delay channels then it is something that needs to be addressed.

My previous post seems to have been deleted for being not related but it was a reply to Peter and I see this as a bug or unwanted behavior.
If we have to choose MUTE IN or MUTE FX IN in order for tails to be heard and it is causing issues with scene changes with other reverbs or delay channels then it is something that needs to be addressed.
The cause of his problems is related to the control switch. Matt has posted a workaround until the engineers can take a look at exactly why this particular preset is having problems.

Please stop stirring the pot needlessly.

There is no bug related to mute modes. There seems to be an issue with control switches controlling bypass states between scene changes. A workaround has been posted until the engineers have time to investigate exactly why this particular preset is causing problems.

Let's get back on topic.

You might think it's "friendly" but the constant criticism lately has really taken the joy out of things.
Right in the feels Cliff.
I experience the same thing with guitars I’m designing, every farthead has something to say. Some of them are truly cranky and not giving a straight and fair criticism and very few are nice and giving you actual feedback that really helps you to improve the product.

My tip? Listen to what necessary, and know when to border things up. It’s really difficult to me but it slowly gives my a better peace of mind.

Look man, the product is GREAT! I tell everybody I can how freakin great it is!!!!!
Don't even for a second think that I don't absolutely love this product. Best cash I have ever spent on gear ...PERIOD!
I just think the Brit Silver should have been named the Lerxst not trying to identify as a real Jubilee when it does not.
For the love of God, you just added that ch volume to the JS JVM....why not do it for the JUBILEE?
The Jubilee isn't even my favorite Marshall but it is a really nice one to use in mixes with other Marshalls like the Plexis and 800 etc which are PERFECT!!!!!
Look, when I think of Fractal the first thing that comes to my mind is PERFECTION.
Fix it Cliff!
No one owes you anything. Chillax.

I just messed with changing the impedance curve to the LB-UK and then turning up the hi resonance (to try and match my suhr load) and I’ve never had an easier time ‘matching’ to my amp sounds that I’ve recorded.

I love this box more and more every time I use it.

same here - still have my Ax2 and use it in tandem with my 3. Wish I'd kept my Ultra, just to have the collection.
Same with me. I sold my Ultra which I used for at least 10 years, did hundreds of gigs and recording to a friend for the price he offered, which was a good price for the buyer. But I still have (and gig with the II XL+) and the III MKII I use for home and recording.

Back
Top Bottom