Axe-Fx III Firmware 24.03 Release

Sorry if I’m intruding, but how did you find the taper of the presence knob of the ecstasy models in the Axe iii compared to the real amp?

It defaults to 3.5 so I assume that’s the same as 12:00 on the real amp. But if I increase the presence knob in the Axe iii to 5.0, it sounds much more like recordings of my own (now sold) XTC with presence at 12:00. I suspect the taper of the models has changed but the default has not.

Where did you set the models presence knob to match the real amp?
I used my friend's Ecstasy for the match with his personal settings to show how accurate Fractal is. He only uses the blue channel, so that's the one we matched. We liked the Presence really high around 7-9 and then tweaked the Mid and Treble to shape the top end. I think I read that Presence tapers are authentic on all amps now (or almost all of them), and Bogners have some interesting tapers that can require some drastic settings.

The default amp settings are just starting points, so twist away until you get what you're looking for. The power amp modeling is spectacular, so the Master Volume and Presence controls might be the two most important tone-shaping knobs on any amp in my opinion.

I've been on the Fractal train since the Ultra days. The sheer volume of continous improvement Cliff has brought to the product line is staggering. And the lack of gratitude on display from certain members in this community of late is entirely unacceptable.
I’m also from the ultra train days. These updates lately have been some of the most exciting updates I’ve ever seen. A few years ago, I didn’t think that the Axe FX could sound any better and I get surprised by the improvements over and over again.

@shemihazazel @sunman I too began my Fractal ride with my my new Ultra. I also believed we were as good as it could get, somewhere in the II to IIXL+ units. Our III’s are simply amazing. Keep konking your head doc Brown, er I mean Cliff! Can’t wait to see where this ride takes us. 💪👊 Lee
same here - still have my Ax2 and use it in tandem with my 3. Wish I'd kept my Ultra, just to have the collection.

@FractalAudio Is it possible these people are just plants from other companies? Knowing that FAS is centered around you rather than a board of overseers, wouldn't it be the smartest line of attack simply to drain your desire to innovate? It reminds me of the psychology of bullies. The more you show that it's getting to you, the more they feel empowered. If you lose your will, it's much easier for them to try to compete.

I think the tone of the demands gives them away. I don't see people having gone up to Leo Fender, James Marshall, or any of the pillars of guitar tone, and demanding things from them. You'd ask politely, if you even got the chance ever to talk to them. You'd show respect. It's been known for some time that FAS has been far ahead of anyone else in modelling for some time now. You create the tonal palette for the greatest geniuses in guitar, like Steve Vai, and a whole roster that shames the rest of the industry, yet some people come here and talk to you like a fast food clerk who messed up their burger? No, it doesn't track. They're just trying to get under your skin. The sooner you retire, the sooner the competitors are on easy street.
I’ve often thought that some new members with critical first posts are trolls.

How about SYM (Save Your Money) Technology? :)

So far I've matched a $3k Marshall Jubilee, $3k Bogner Ecstasy, $2.5k Soldano Avenger, $3k Mesa Mark IVa, $3.5k Mesa Rev F Dual Rectifier, $1.2k Peavey 5150, $2.7k 1977 50w Marshall JMP, and a $4k '93 Sampson era Matchless C-30. After all of that, I learned to trust that the models are pretty friggen accurate.

I've even matched a few amps that haven't been modeled by using existing models and shaping them with different tone stacks and advanced parameters.

Cliff has cost me a lot of money by making absurdly good sounding models that made me want to buy the real thing; only to find that the models already sound and feel like the real thing. So save your money, enjoy the accuracy of the amp modeling, and play with confidence.
Which model is the Soldano Avenger?

same here - still have my Ax2 and use it in tandem with my 3. Wish I'd kept my Ultra, just to have the collection.
Yeah, I almost kept the older units, but finally decided to sell the Ultra, II & IIXL+, along with the MFC. I have two III Mk1 units and one III Mk2. Thinking I’d like to sell the two Mk1 units and get a III Mk2 Turbo. Suppose time will tell. Lol

Yeah, I almost kept the older units, but finally decided to sell the Ultra, II & IIXL+, along with the MFC. I have two III Mk1 units and one III Mk2. Thinking I’d like to sell the two Mk1 units and get a III Mk2 Turbo. Suppose time will tell. Lol
I have thought about selling my Axe II, but it is working well right now as an effects unit for my tube setup, so I don't really see the need to upgrade it for that purpose. I use my FM3 when I want to use the new stuff.

@Shask
Certainly nothing wrong with your thinking, at all. After I got my first AFIII, I began locking in on the scenes capabilities, and experiencing the growth progressions on all of the earlier products, decided the future products/innovations/tonalities were most likely to keep my future GAS at bay. Just the choices that we choose to make. 👊

Found a bug with Scene switching, even though all my scenes have the delay bypassed, if I switch whist playing you can hear the tail of the delay repeats after the switch. The delay is turned on via the Control Switch 1 modifier.

Attachments

• BUG - delay tails.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom