Axe-Fx III Firmware 24.03 Release

Cliff gives and gives and gives all the time! People need to stop asking for shit so much. You get a new update after a few betas and right off the bat but I want this! It's getting old. Maybe these threads should shut down after one or two pages when they start getting dumb. If you have a bug then report it and if you have a request then post it in the wish lists.

Probably best to post a separate bug thread for this unless this issue just started with this firmware version?
Yeah it happened with this firmware release, I didn't try the betas. I'll try a downgrade firmware and reinstall. If it happens, I'll post a follow up in the bug thread.

This man started a business in his garage. And now some of the biggest names in music use his equipment. And his product is incredible! And it keeps evolving and getting better, even though it seems like it can't get any better. And then the next epiphany comes, and it IS better. He works tirelessly to improve his product and offers free updates and all some can do is complain and make negative comments. Or be patronizing (kiss on the head?), or try to tell him how he should run his business . . . It boggles the mind.

Some folks seem to just want to tear things down. I don't understand it. But when I look at how crazy the world is, and I see how we are destroying the planet through shortsightedness and unbridled greed and how humans get stuck in prejudice and bias, using the weight of their opinions to justify inhumane acts, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. It's still sad though. I wish it were different. But rudeness, lack of tact and common sense, they keep cycling through this forum, at least as long as I've been here. What's happening with this company is rare and precious. It would just be nice if folks could chillax and show some gratitude.

I was listening to this in my new cars (Mazda) Bose sound system cranked up and honestly couldn’t tell any switches between amps were happening at all lol

Me too. And I know this isn't the exact right place for implementation requests, but I sure wanted to know what you all think about my new idea. I call it "ASGT" (Auto Switch Gap Techknowledgy). Each time you change scenes or presets, there would be a brief moment of total silence. This way, we could easily tell when changes were being made in situations like this. I think this would be a great addition to the wonderful Fractal units.

Sir Cliff, please stay strong! Thank you, Happy New Year, and I support you in whatever decision you make. Last night I played guitar all night long with Fractal (Paul Bradshaw's Fryette D60 More). It was so much fun. :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

I am another guy who rarely posts but I wanted to say thank you to Cliff and team - some of the recent posts are totally out of order. I have been using Fractal products for 7 years now and continue to be blown away by the quality of the product and rate of improvement for a product I already thought was unbelievably good years ago (I sold all of my valve amps within 12 months of buying my first Fractal product). I very much appreciate the work you guys continue to do - Thank you!

I am another guy who rarely posts but I wanted to say thank you to Cliff and team - some of the recent posts are totally out of order. I have been using Fractal products for 7 years now and continue to be blown away by the quality of the product and rate of improvement for a product I already thought was unbelievably good years ago (I sold all of my valve amps within 12 months of buying my first Fractal product). I very much appreciate the work you guys continue to do - Thank you!
this is how I feel

I played live recently with another guitarist who had his brand new UA Dream 65 with a Nobels ODR-1. He was raving about his sounds he was getting at home, and he has this annoying habit of ending any conversation when I mention my Fractal gear. Suffice to say, when we did our soundcheck the difference between his tone and mine was night and day! My Fractal gear was so much fuller sounding, I could hear the sound guy giving my guitar preference over FOH when I removed my IEMs during songs. It was a moot point after we left the stage, the Fractal had the best tones/sounds/everything else by a massive amount!

Thank you Cliff for consistently chasing perfection, we were already there a few years ago however the game is changing outside of Fractal world and yet you are still keeping it at number 1!

Happy New Year all!

Adrian.

Same here,

I got my III second hand four years ago after using an AX8 before

When you consider it's now a better sounding unit with better features and options that's one thing. But all those updates were FOR FREE it just goes to show how great Cliff and FAS treat us.

They're the state of the art as far as I'm concerned.
And I hope if Cliff sees this he knows how appreciated his work is.

Nie patrz na to w ten sposób.
Fractalowi niewiele brakuje do wyczyszczenia rynku wzmacniaczy lampowych, ludzie proszą tylko o ostatnie poprawki, aby mogli wymienić swoje zabytkowe wzmacniacze, niczego nie tracąc.
I agree in 100%. I understand that Cliff might take this as criticism, I'm not surprised, but I don't think Michael R is doing it maliciously and it shouldn't be taken as criticism. He asked for improvement because he realizes that Cliff can do it the best in the world. I think that Michael R., like all of us, wants AXE FX III to be perfect in every detail. Cliff, please don't take this as criticism, but rather as concern for the product. Each of us cares about the development of AXE FX III, because it brings joy to each of us :)
Edit:
Maybe Michael R was a little rude, but I believe he didn't mean anything bad and didn't want to make Cliff feel bad :)

Last edited:
Don't look at it this way.
Fractal is a hair short of wiping the tube amp market, people are just asking for the final touches so they can replace their vintage amps without missing anything.
I gave up playing amps in 2008 when I got the Ultra.

And the Ultra is one BEAST even today!!

It was tough leaving home without my Mark III or Triaxis 2:90 setup.

After the first day, never looked back!

And my back thanks me every gig since!

Just wish I had the AxeFx in my 4-6 nights a week gigs back in the day!

Can’t thank Cliff and FAS enough….🙏🏻

Happy New Year All

The thing that impresses me most about Fractal is Cliff’s willingness to listen to customers, and to help and deliver what they are looking for (be it through advice, technical knowledge or an update). The fact he does it so quickly and often is simply astounding. It’s this refinement and improvement that makes me such a big fan of Fractal.

Been in the Fractal eco-sphere since my "Standard " ... Love the technology and the company to no end. In this crazy world of everyone having a virtual megaphone it's harder and harder to stay in a positive frame of mind. Cliff , you and your family have a healthy and prosperous New Year, from a grateful customer..:guitar:

Me too. And I know this isn't the exact right place for implementation requests, but I sure wanted to know what you all think about my new idea. I call it "ASGT" (Auto Switch Gap Techknowledgy). Each time you change scenes or presets, there would be a brief moment of total silence. This way, we could easily tell when changes were being made in situations like this. I think this would be a great addition to the wonderful Fractal units.
How about SYM (Save Your Money) Technology? :)

So far I've matched a $3k Marshall Jubilee, $3k Bogner Ecstasy, $2.5k Soldano Avenger, $3k Mesa Mark IVa, $3.5k Mesa Rev F Dual Rectifier, $1.2k Peavey 5150, $2.7k 1977 50w Marshall JMP, and a $4k '93 Sampson era Matchless C-30. After all of that, I learned to trust that the models are pretty friggen accurate.

I've even matched a few amps that haven't been modeled by using existing models and shaping them with different tone stacks and advanced parameters.

Cliff has cost me a lot of money by making absurdly good sounding models that made me want to buy the real thing; only to find that the models already sound and feel like the real thing. So save your money, enjoy the accuracy of the amp modeling, and play with confidence.

Cliff has cost me a lot of money by making absurdly good sounding models that made me want to buy the real thing; only to find that the models already sound and feel like the real thing. So save your money, enjoy the accuracy of the amp modeling, and play with confidence.
This! 🙌🏻 These firmware updates are SO incredibly good. Happy New Year everyone.

Back
Top Bottom