Axe-Fx III Firmware 24.03 Release

Here's the Marshall JCM Slash vs the Brit Silver. I tweaked it by ear just using the basic tone controls. The only advanced parameter changes were on the speaker page. To match the JCM Slash going into a Fractal LB-2 load box, I used the LB-2 UK impedance curve and turned off Speaker Drive, Speaker Compression, and Speaker Thump.

I'm sure I could have spent all day nitpicking and fine-tuning it, but it's remarkable how close they are with pretty much identical amp settings.

I didn’t even hear the switch hahah that’s amazing! You are a tone master, sir! What cab pack/irs did you use?

EDIT: sorry, I just noticed a couple of posts later where you mentioned the IR. Thanks! That’s a great cab pack! Which guitar and pickup?

I didn’t even hear the switch hahah that’s amazing! You are a tone master, sir! What cab pack/irs did you use?

EDIT: sorry, I just noticed a couple of posts later where you mentioned the IR. Thanks! That’s a great cab pack! Which guitar and pickup?
It actually switches three times! How nuts is that?! I used a '92 Les Paul Standard with a Suhr Thornbucker II (but I swapped the Alnico 2 magnet for an Alnico 4).

It actually switches three times! How nuts is that?! I used a '92 Les Paul Standard with a Suhr Thornbucker II (but I swapped the Alnico 2 magnet for an Alnico 4).
I give up , I can't hear the switch , not without having heaphones on and listening closely , it is close enough for RNR for sure , in a band mix no chance

Wow! That is wild! Hahah That shows you how close it is!!
Interesting! I remember you talking about the Thornbucker II but preferring the the original Thornbucker +. What are your findings with the Thornbucker II with the swapped magnet vs the Thornbucker +?

I’ve been looking for more punch out of the Thornbucker + in my HSS style guitar and was considering the SSV.

Is there a general consensus that guys who own/have owned a real Silver Jubilee think that the "Brit Silver" model is not accurate?
Also, if you are in that camp, do you believe that it is because there is no adjustable "Lead Master" control?
Yeah the thing is that the previous channel we have was too much dirty somewhere compared to the real head . Then as you said too, we don’t know which channel we have and yes the pulled knob etc in the real head give many tones : scooped, not scooped, more gain etc etc . The video I have shared in this topic sound exactly like the head sounds for real. Who knows if we will have a complete edition one day like we have for the mark, with all the features

Wow! That is wild! Hahah That shows you how close it is!!
Interesting! I remember you talking about the Thornbucker II but preferring the the original Thornbucker +. What are your findings with the Thornbucker II with the swapped magnet vs the Thornbucker +?

I’ve been looking for more punch out of the Thornbucker + in my HSS style guitar and was considering the SSV.
Yeah, it's wild how close it is now and makes me want to see if I can match a few other amps like the Custom Audio PT100 and Diezel VH-2.

I like the even response and open top end Alnico 4 magnets offer when used in a moderate output humbucker. It lets you drive the preamp harder while keeping nice note clarity.

@York Audio in your comparaison, are you in the 3rd channel (even if it is not really a third channel but… I mean with the knob pulled, the one with the more gain ) in the real amp ?

@York Audio in your comparaison, are you in the 3rd channel (even if it is not really a third channel but… I mean with the knob pulled, the one with the more gain ) in the real amp ?
No, I prefer the amp with the gain knob pushed in (no LED clipping). It still has more than enough gain for me and sounds much thicker than the pulled Rhythm Clip mode. At least, that's how it acts on my amp. The gain on the amp and model in the clip I posted is at 6.

the jubilee was designed to work with a specific kind of speaker. the vintage 30's that were available as an upgrade when you bought the jubilee cabs back in 87. if anybody has one of those cabs and can get it to cliff to run off some impulses, it would be a great addition! in the meantime, try using v30's with it and see what you think. if you stumble on a v30 ir that sounds really great with this amp, let us know!

https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/threads/marshall-silver-jubilee-match-your-speakers.90375/
There are some cheap IRs from Audio Assault from a Silver Jubilee cab. They include a lot of IRs (+1000) for $5.

No, I prefer the amp with the gain knob pushed in (no LED clipping). It still has more than enough gain for me and sounds much thicker than the pulled Rhythm Clip mode. At least, that's how it acts on my amp. The gain on the amp and model in the clip I posted is at 6.
So, do you think the channel we have in the axe is the « 2nd channel »?

Yeah, that rhythm clip on the lead is not good but on the clean ch you can get some Bonamassa tones with that.

Here's the Marshall JCM Slash vs the Brit Silver. I tweaked it by ear just using the basic tone controls. The only advanced parameter changes were on the speaker page. To match the JCM Slash going into a Fractal LB-2 load box, I used the LB-2 UK impedance curve and turned off Speaker Drive, Speaker Compression, and Speaker Thump.

I'm sure I could have spent all day nitpicking and fine-tuning it, but it's remarkable how close they are with pretty much identical amp settings.

Impressive!!!

Happy new year to all.

Found something.
Created preset 505 for the fantastic new Brit Silver.
As I normally do, I went to add it to my "favorites layout" in axe-edit fc edit. The preset doesn't show the name in the FC edit popup.
version 24.03 and axe-edit version 1.13.11. The preset was in fact saved.

As a sidenote, it did appear after I closed and re-opened Axe-edit. Regardless, it should have been there without the restart.

see the action here:

Back
Top Bottom