Axe-Fx III Firmware 24.02 Beta #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent several hours trying to reproduce your bug to no avail.
Feels like "small town" level customer service (on xmas no less). 🙏

When reporting bugs:
1. Post an example preset.
2. Do NOT post a preset bundle.
3. Simplify the preset as much as possible. Remove any blocks that are not relevant.
4. Unlink all blocks from global blocks.
5. Use factory cabs if possible.
6. Include clear and concise instructions on how to recreate the bug.
Of course this makes sense for OCD/software/engineer/scientist types, but the average user might not understand how much easier (10-1000x easier) it is to try to diagnose an issue with the exact data (e.g. preset, system config) and a good description including instructions for recreating the issue.

As someone said, something like a simple "bug report / data export" function in both AE/FB could semi-automate this by saving off relevant data, perhaps in a single zip file containing: a text file with the problem description (ideally based on a template), the preset (ideally automatically unlinking global blocks and exporting without clobbering the orig preset) and system data (just in case).

Short of minor problems, this could make this bug diagnosis more streamlined and helpful for the user community and FAS.

OK time to get back to what matters, a conversation about how well these updates improve our investment.

We all experience issues and some turn out to be little bugs. But most of the time for me, it's something I've done to the preset to destroy it. So, as I've stated before, I move all my factory presets up one bank, keeping bank 1 empty. I move the factory presets, downloaded presets, gift of tones, etc., I'm going to sample, to bank one and start customizing. This way my factory presets never get touched. The benefit is when I run into an issue, I can sample the factory preset to see if I can duplicate the anomaly, before calling it a bug.

To me these new updates have been great. I've been a big fan of Fractal Audio since March 2016, when I got my first AXE FX. Things have changed positively since then!

I was playing with the Ping Pong delay (I didn't know there was an issue with it in 24.01) but I think it's still broken. Using 4CM setup I had to set the input 4 to stereo instead of Left only and reverse the spread (-100) on the delay to get rid of the extra Ping... and hear the pongs. Without these changes it's still just mono.

Edit: I was on the wrong firmware. Ping pong delay is working as expected.

Last edited:
I was playing with the Ping Pong delay (I didn't know there was an issue with it in 24.01) but I think it's still broken. Using 4CM setup I had to set the input 4 to stereo instead of Left only and reverse the spread (-100) on the delay to get rid of the extra Ping... and hear the pongs. Without these changes it's still just mono.
Works fine here. 4CM implies a mono configuration so it's not surprising it's not working correctly for you. It's a stereo effect.

Works fine here. 4CM implies a mono configuration so it's not surprising it's not working correctly for you. It's a stereo effect.
My apologies, it turns out I was on the wrong FW. Also, by 4CM I meant 5CM since I was using both L/R outputs to different amps and Ping/Pong is working as expected.

Except in the manual under Four Cable method it says," To extend this configuration for optional stereo , connect Output 1R to the FX Return of a second amp". Which does not work for me at all. After delay and reverb I always only have output from 1L. I'm stumped. I've tried every mode there is on Output 3 and it never changes.

Except in the manual under Four Cable method it says," To extend this configuration for optional stereo , connect Output 1R to the FX Return of a second amp". Which does not work for me at all. After delay and reverb I always only have output from 1L. I'm stumped. I've tried every mode there is on Output 3 and it never changes.
Except you're not using 4CM then...

I'd suggest you create a new thread describing your issue and post a preset.

I'm surprised this thread is still open considering it's for a beta and we are well past the release version.

Everyone does realize 24.05 official has been out for a while?

Axe-Fx III Firmware 24.05 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom