Axe-Fx III Firmware 24.02 Beta #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT 1 pot on the housing

Yes. It does, a crazy short sound, I would upload a video+audio instead of gif, but here it's not possible. But I need to set my GEQ 1+4 and pot over noon.

(Parametric) EQ 1+4 in Globals Settings

Yes.

Sorry, I'm fighting with the namings and my 10 years English @ school long time ago ;)
Ok, so I would just you summarize the issue by saying:

Factory preset plus these global Parametric EQ settings

And provide your global EQ settings or better yet, just attach your system settings (you can back those up via FractalBot).

I cleared all presets, did a reboot, reinstalled the "Factory Preset Banks A, B and C for CYGNUS Mar 8, 2022", tried to replace the Wah with the Looper in Layout and if the Out 1 Speaker is a bit about noon the loud short sound hearable and Out 1 and 2 show red.

REASON: Well, the preset is not the reason, it's the GEQ 1 and GEQ 4 I use (refer to signature). If I set it to Off there is no issue anymore. If I activate the parametic GEQ 1 and 4 again, I get again the red levels and sound. That's not good for my ears and possibly dangerous.
This has been fixed for the next release.

Pro Tip: in the future try not being so combative and people will be more likely to help you. I spent several hours trying to reproduce your bug to no avail. You did not tell me you had altered the factory presets and dialed in over 16dB of gain in the global Output EQ. This is why there are specific instructions. My time is valuable too.

This has been fixed for the next release.

Pro Tip: in the future try not being so combative and people will be more likely to help you. I spent several hours trying to reproduce your bug to no avail. You did not tell me you had altered the factory presets and dialed in over 16dB of gain in the global Output EQ. This is why there are specific instructions. My time is valuable too.

On Christmas Eve/Christmas Day no less.

Brother, when I say we are truly blessed for you and your incredible talents I really mean it, it is a genuine blessing.

There is much love out here for you, but I hope for those who don't get it yet that they soon understand just how fortunate we are and what we ACTUALLY bought when we purchased our Fractal gear, because it's clear now it was so much more than what showed up in the box.
The Fractalverse is far greater than the sum of its parts as evidenced perfectly by your actions.

Im not going fanboi or kissing some ass when I say 'Cliff you are a living legend' and I mean it with all sincerity from a position of pure respect and joyful amazement.

Merry Christmas brother, you are truly just unstoppable and have the patience and demeanor of a saint. We are all very blessed.

I think it would be impossible to test all the different combinations and orders of blocks and how code changes would affect some unicorn use cases including routing setups. Some folks in here do not appreciate at all how much enhancements we are getting and how often. If you are a gigging musician then just like we do in the IT world you should not be upgrading firmware unless its a full quarter after its been released. I for one do not want Cliff to take his foot of the gas pedal when it comes to releases.

We have enough bedroom guitarists in here who can find bugs for the folks who really are out there making money. But again if the AXE-FX is the backbone of your rig and you are using it to make money then you should absolutely wait for the release to be production ready and there is now way to do that without releasing it to the masses. Even production grade Enterprise software that runs the most important workloads in the world does not get upgraded until its out in the wild for 3-6 months. Even then we usually promote it from a Sandbox->Development->Production in a step like fashion before we fully can run it in Production.

The stakes are way lower here and the risk vs reward of getting new amp models and effects added almost monthly is worth the gremlins for me.

If you want “bug free code” … You’ll need something that’s been around for a few decades or more.

.mil satellites used this strategy

If your gig is life or death mission critical … Don’t update.

Common sense

Think Outer Space GIF by NASA

I super appreciate all the beta testers, but I'm not one of them. Not because I have super critical shows upcoming (none actually), I just don't have enough playing time to want to spend some of it chasing ghosts that get resolved by the next production release.

Each of us has to figure out our level of risk tolerance and plan accordingly.

But I too really appreciate the speed of evolution at Fractal, and mostly it's quite stable too. If something does go sideways, hopefully it'll get found in time to revert to previous for critical shows.

Last edited:
Great, thank you and ok, but please just thank people for finding bugs and please simply ask what you need if something is missing to motivate your supporters. Sorry, I did not think about that I changed the preset. All the best.
I know English isn't your native language, but your posts have often been a bit on the rude side.

This one is no exception.

Keep in mind that you have the ear and the time of the creator of the Axe Fx (and the main man at Fractal) here helping you trying to resolve a bug that only you seem to be encountering.

The hours he spent working on trying to reproduce it could have been spent elsewhere, like maybe Christmas time with his family.

If you want to use beta firmware and you want report bugs then you bear some of the responsibility for doing so.

Everyone complaining needs to switch over to one of the "1 firmware a year modelers" for way faster updates and better support. How dare FAS go so hard for us and work on HOLIDAYS so we can play along to tracks in our bedrooms to our cats and dogs. 😄

I'm so grateful for any updates and improvements. Thank you FAS! Merry Christmas!

I know English isn't your native language, but your posts have often been a bit on the rude side.

Keep in mind that you have the ear and the time of the creator of the Axe Fx (and the main man at Fractal) here helping you trying to resolve a bug that only you seem to be encountering.

The hours he spent working on trying to reproduce it could have been spent elsewhere, like maybe Christmas time with his family.

If you want to use beta firmware and you want report bugs then you bear some of the responsibility for doing so.
I’m also puzzled as to why in the hell one needs to add +16dB of gain in the global output EQ. 🤔

IOW:

IMG_4557.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom