Axe-Fx III Firmware 24.01 Release

V, IV, Triaxis and JPIIC+ in action here

Awesome.

Yep, we pretty much could already get the Mark V sounds out of the IV but a lot of people don't know that the FAT switch is permanently enabled on the JP2C and V tonestacks ("USA Fat" tonestack model), so don't enable the Fat switch again. :)
Also, "Volume 1" which is called "Gain" in the Ideal page on the AxeFx is fixed internally in the real JP2C and V amps.
Also, JP2C has both Deep and Bright switches permanently engaged in the real amp (info from the owners manual), hence no deep/bright models.

Pretty cool that we have all the popular Marks modeled.

Personally, I like the Fat switch disabled, so the default JP2C and V models are not for me unless I manually change the tonestack models to IIC+ or IV, then I'm better off just starting with the IIC+ or IV amp models. 😆

Last edited:
Bug? My Worn tape echo presets all have endless feedback since the update. The feedback was at 51, I had to turn it down to 20 to stop the endless feedback

They get referral money from the Buy links. That’s its whole job, it has no editorial value whatsoever.
The sad thing is that it's possible to do a good editorial job of reviewing things while still having those sorts of links (e.g. dcrainmaker.com - I have no affiliation with that site but use it frequently).

this is a random question, but i've never been able to find an answer: what is the origin of the color names for channels on an amp?

i think i've seen green, blue, orange, red, & purple

Awesome.

Yep, we pretty much could already get the Mark V sounds out of the IV but a lot of people don't know that the FAT switch is permanently enabled on the JP2C and V tonestacks ("USA Fat" tonestack model), so don't enable the Fat switch again. :)
Also, "Volume 1" which is called "Gain" in the Ideal page on the AxeFx is fixed internally in the real JP2C and V amps.
Also, JP2C has both Deep and Bright switches permanently engaged in the real amp (info from the owners manual), hence no deep/bright models.

Pretty cool that we have all the popular Marks modeled.

Personally, I like the Fat switch disabled, so the default JP2C and V models are not for me unless I manually change the tonestack models to IIC+ or IV, then I'm better off just starting with the IIC+ or IV amp models. 😆
Having that FAT helps a lot for being more present in a mix or in a band. That’s why after extreme V or JP2c the IV sound weak

Thanks again for adding the V 🎉

I also noticed the ping-pong delay problem. If you load the Ping Pong Type, only a mono delay can be heard. Only when you change the L/R time ratio, e.g. 50%, does the usual effect become audible. For comparison, I tested the same settings on my FM3 (FW 7.0) and here Ping Pong works as usual even with L/R Time Ratio 100%

Back
Top Bottom