Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.05 Release

The defining characteristic of a thread derail on this forum is: if you are interested in the derail subject matter, it's in interesting and worthwhile tangent, if you are not interested in the derail subject matter, you're wasting FAS's time and damaging the entire community, as well as the potential for FAS products.

Cliff himself has participated in details before. Human conversation is filled with tangents, and that's what makes conversation interesting. A lot of times I don't care about the subjects of derails, but I also can read context clues and skim over what I don't need. I don't need everyone around me to conform to anything at all, much less a narrow and direct seek and destroy conversation style.

The defining characteristic of a thread derail on this forum is: if you are interested in the derail subject matter, it's in interesting and worthwhile tangent, if you are not interested in the derail subject matter, you're wasting FAS's time and damaging the entire community, as well as the potential for FAS products.

Cliff himself has participated in details before. Human conversation is filled with tangents, and that's what makes conversation interesting. A lot of times I don't care about the subjects of derails, but I also can read context clues and skim over what I don't need. I don't need everyone around me to conform to anything at all, much less a narrow and direct seek and destroy conversation style.
Frankly a lot of it is blah blah blah my music tastes are better than yours. Then you add a little dash of back in my day-isms. Oh, don't forget about the old staple of people thinking more complex songs are better.

Like bro I don't care about reading about the history of outboard gear and why you have a superior music taste than everyone else. I just want to know if this firmware is stable enough to take out for work and see other feedback. Some of us actually got gigs to play and flights to catch bring these things to the lounge.

Frankly a lot of it is blah blah blah my music tastes are better than yours. Then you add a little dash of back in my day-isms. Oh, don't forget about the old staple of people thinking more complex songs are better.

Like bro I don't care about reading about the history of outboard gear and why you have a superior music taste than everyone else. I just want to know if this firmware is stable enough to take out for work and see other feedback. Some of us actually got gigs to play and flights to catch bring these things to the lounge.
This is guitar culture. The whole thing is effectively built on the idea that older is better 🤷‍♂️

Make of this what you will, but I just auditioned for a band with the reworked 5153 Stealth Blue model and they specifically mentioned that the tone was the best of any guitarist they've had try out for them.

Suffice to say this model RULES. I absolutely love it (and the authentic presence control, I owned an OG 5150 III back when the first run came out and I can now use my real world settings as a jumping off point even more easily).

I will say this. I have been with Fractal since the Ultra days. This current firmware is one of the most inspiring updates I have seen since the beginning. I find myself playing every chance I get since this one has dropped. I am sure there are things that can still be improved and I am sure that the Fractal team will prove that to be true but I wonder how. I think now is the time for playing, find an amp that you love and really listen....pure inspiration!

This current firmware is one of the most inspiring updates I have seen since the beginning. I find myself playing every chance I get since this one has dropped.
So true. Maybe it's the excitement for all the new models, but this firmware has made me spend much more time with the unit than I have in the past few months!

This current firmware is one of the most inspiring updates I have seen since the beginning. I find myself playing every chance I get since this one has dropped.
I only go back to FX8 and AX8, but completely agree. I played our new band's first gig last night and was so inspired by the sound and feel of 23.05--I'm still using the same amps but they sound so amazing!!! THANKS FAS!!!

Back
Top Bottom