Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.05 Release

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/23p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_23p05.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Changed Presence control taper on all 6160 and 5153 amp models to replicate the actual amp. It is advised to audition any presets that use these models and adjust accordingly.

Due to the improved triode algorithm introduced in 23.00 many amps have had their preamp bias points updated. Existing presets are automatically updated upon recall.

Improved Gapless Switching performance.

Fixed Output 1 Configuration being overwritten by Output 2-4 configuration.

Fixed several mistakes in 5153 Stealth models. If using these models it is recommended to do a soft-reset of the model by deselecting and reselecting the type.

Fixed Sene MIDI GUI not updating correctly when changing scenes via front panel.

Various other fixes and improvements.

Let's go!

Confirmed MIDI Scene GUI is updating correctly when changing scenes from the front panel.

Confirmed 5150 model presence taper change. Turning it up between 9 and 10 gets me a similar amount of sizzle to where I had it before. Having the default master volume on the stealth models at 3 is a much better starting point too.

Last edited:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/23p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_23p05.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Changed Presence control taper on all 6160 and 5153 amp models to replicate the actual amp. It is advised to audition any presets that use these models and adjust accordingly.

Due to the improved triode algorithm introduced in 23.00 many amps have had their preamp bias points updated. Existing presets are automatically updated upon recall.

Improved Gapless Switching performance.

Fixed Output 1 Configuration being overwritten by Output 2-4 configuration.

Fixed several mistakes in 5153 Stealth models. If using these models it is recommended to do a soft-reset of the model by deselecting and reselecting the type.

Fixed Sene MIDI GUI not updating correctly when changing scenes via front panel.

Various other fixes and improvements.
Burning the midnight oil. Thanks for the continuous improvements.

Confirmed 5150 model presence taper change. Turning it up between 9 and 10 gets me a similar amount of sizzle to where I had it before. Having the default master volume on the stealth models at 3 is a much better starting point too.
Affirmative!
Do you also experience the blue and red channel to sound more different than before?
Not at all a bad thing, just an observation! The bright cap has changed for the blue channel as well so BMT is a bit different than in the former iteration for me.
It's such a cool and versatile amp though, isn't it!

Thanks Cliff and team!

I can hear a huge improvement to the Stealth Blue in this update! Previously there were some almost wah-cocky mids I couldn't dial out but they're gone now and the amp sounds so, so much better. This is especially apparent at very low gain settings.

The Stealth model sounds incredible now. Fractal, you rock!

Great Company with top-notch customer support & consideration. Got this update and installed it on my FX III

Now not to sound ungrateful or nag, nag, naggy but I am foaming at the mouth to get as much of 23.xx copied to my brand new, shiny. FM9 Turbo - when you get a chance there Sir Cliff, my good man - LOL.

Back
Top Bottom