Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.04 Release

The 100S Red channel has about three times the gain as the OG. The Blue channel has about 2.5 times more gain. The Green channel has over five times the gain.

Chart is simply wrong.
Wow. Although I'm not surprised there's more gain across the range, and Mendel's video and other videos I've heard support that, it's a bigger difference than I'd have expected. Very interesting.

I'm not surprised the chart is off, as information in Howard's interviews can contradict the chart a bit.

For the record, I'm certainly not disagreeing with anything you've said. I know you have the amps on hand and have measured them.

Shout-out for the recent USA MKV Green, really digging it! I haven't been a Mesa guy for years, not since I had a real Mark-nothing, but this one's so cool.

I love distortion that that sounds like an actual guitar through an actual amp up loud, and the Green will do that. Big fun.

Still boggled at how Fractal gear just keeps evolving, for free no less. New toys just arrive, all the time. Not even shop from home, more like don't gotta shop from anywhere! Just excellent.

Last edited:
I don't really pay attention to what's in most updates, I just update when FractalBot tells me to so discovering the low input option on the 2203/4 was a pleasant surprise!

Back
Top Bottom