Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.04 Release

Sounds awesome to me, the “too much gain” is why I love it so much!
I went back to 23.03 and it was fine. 23.04 seems like twice the gain of the red channel and twice the gain it had on 23.03. I'll reload it and see if it helps.

I went back to 23.03 and it was fine. 23.04 seems like twice the gain of the red channel and twice the gain it had on 23.03. I'll reload it and see if it helps.
The Red channel has much more gain but the Gain pot taper is very different. The Red channel has a 5A taper, while the Blue channel has a 30A taper so at noon it will appear as though the Blue channel has more gain.

Any insight how the original 5150 differs from the stealth model ? (Atleast the models in the AXEFX)

Like what makes it a stealth version essentially

Idk maybe I’m confused then. From the videos I’ve watched, the fractal stealth model seems pretty different to me than the other EVH amp models already in there. Where am I getting this wrong? Hah

The other models are the OG 100w EVH and the 50w EVH. The Stealth amps are quite different than those.

EVH's naming system is annoyingly confusing, mostly because there isn't one. EVH is a daughter company of Fender and the company produces nine different amps with "5150 III" in the name. There are three different 100w amps, three different 50w amps, and three different 15 watt amps.

Your not the Stealth came from a mod EVH did to the OG the stealth is like a Hot rodded version of the original
Sorry I wasn't clearer.

I meant that the original Fractal Stealth 50W was actually modeled on a 100W but got mislabeled,. I didn't mean that the original amp was that.

I can try to find Cliff's quote but not now.

The midi scene block seems to default all scenes to the latest change. So I can no longer send unique commands via each scene in a preset, they default to the same for all. The was a problem at least since 23.02, just updated to 23.04, same issue.

I use it to send midi commands to a powercab212+ for cab model changes between scenes.
I'm on 23.02. I use the Midi Block in every preset to send CC commands to two Synergy SYN-2's. Each scene sends the appropriate CC to bypass one of the SYN2's and select a channel on the other. No issues since updating.

I'm on 23.02. I use the Midi Block in every preset to send CC commands to two Synergy SYN-2's. Each scene sends the appropriate CC to bypass one of the SYN2's and select a channel on the other. No issues since updating.

Weird. Here is a video of what I am experiencing with MIDI block savings not persisting:

That is cool to see that Mark V written in the amp list now, waiting for the full thing and the 6 too haha !

We have a cool collection of amps now, but ... With all this love for Marshall.... Will we have a proper jubilee one day? who wants to send a Jubilee to Cliff? hehe

Back
Top Bottom