Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.04 Release

Here is one bug that has been bothering me for awhile, i.e. the amp block becomes confused when switching among the 4 scenes, and the amp block get stuck at channel A.

To reproduce the issue, use the following preset
  • The preset contains 4 scenes, whose amp block uses channel A, B, C, D respectively.
  • Once you switch to scene 1, the amp block get stuck with channel A.
  • Subsequently, if you switch to scene 2, 3 or 4, the amp block remains stuck at channel A (instead of switching to channel B, C, D as expected)

So far, this seems to only happen with "59 Bassguy Normal" amp. Anyone else noticed this?

Attachments

• 0501_59 Bassman.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Here is one bug that has been bothering me for awhile, i.e. the amp block becomes confused when switching among the 4 snapshots, and the amp block get stuck at channel A.

• The preset contains 4 snapshot, whose amp block uses channel A, B, C, D respectively.
  • Once you switch to snapshot 1, the amp block get stuck with channel A.
  • Subsequently, if you switch to snapshot 2, 3 or 4, the amp block remains stuck at channel A (instead of switching to channel B, C, D as expected)

So far, this seems to only happen with "59 Bassguy Normal" amp. Anyone else noticed this?
Not trying to be difficult, but by snapshots, do you mean scenes?

Fractal does have a feature called snapshots, but it doesn't sound like that's what you mean.

Once we're communicating clearly, we can get more eyes on your actual problem, which I know isn't that bit of terminology :)

Here is one bug that has been bothering me for awhile, i.e. the amp block becomes confused when switching among the 4 snapshots, and the amp block get stuck at channel A.

• The preset contains 4 snapshot, whose amp block uses channel A, B, C, D respectively.
  • Once you switch to snapshot 1, the amp block get stuck with channel A.
  • Subsequently, if you switch to snapshot 2, 3 or 4, the amp block remains stuck at channel A (instead of switching to channel B, C, D as expected)

By chance do you have scene ignore engaged on the amp block?

Not trying to be difficult, but by snapshots, do you mean scenes?

Fractal does have a feature called snapshots, but it doesn't sound like that's what you mean.

Once we're communicating clearly, we can get more eyes on your actual problem, which I know isn't that bit of terminology :)
You are right, I meant scene, thank you!

By chance do you have scene ignore engaged on the amp block?
Ah, you are absolutely, right! I didn't notice that until now, thank you!

The scene ignore was selected only on Channel A, and that's the reason why once I switched to scene 1, the amp get stuck.

I'm not sure what you're trying to show us here. It looks to me more like a problem with your library. Those settings don't make sense because channel, number and value are irrelevant if there is no type.

When in scene 1, I select a preset for command1, type PC, channel 9, value 0. I then select scene 2, and select a preset for command 1, type PC, channel 9, type 1. I then go back to scene one, and instead of being value 0 where I set it in the beginning, the command is also set to 1. However, command was set to 1 only in scene 2.

the midi block scene settings are not persisting in each scene. It just defaults to the latest command string, regardless of what the original scene midi setting was.

Here is one bug that has been bothering me for awhile, i.e. the amp block becomes confused when switching among the 4 scenes, and the amp block get stuck at channel A.

• The preset contains 4 scenes, whose amp block uses channel A, B, C, D respectively.
  • Once you switch to scene 1, the amp block get stuck with channel A.
  • Subsequently, if you switch to scene 2, 3 or 4, the amp block remains stuck at channel A (instead of switching to channel B, C, D as expected)

That's because Scene Ignore is turned on in that block.

When in scene 1, I select a preset for command1, type PC, channel 9, value 0. I then select scene 2, and select a preset for command 1, type PC, channel 9, type 1. I then go back to scene one, and instead of being value 0 where I set it in the beginning, the command is also set to 1. However, command was set to 1 only in scene 2.

the midi block scene settings are not persisting in each scene. It just defaults to the latest command string, regardless of what the original scene midi setting was.
You reloaded the block from the library. That will overwrite the settings.

In the MIDI block, you can't save/load library settings per scene within a patch. Saving an item in the MIDI block's library means saving every setting from every scene in the patch, or the 8 MIDI commands per scene x all 8 scenes. Loading a setting from the MIDI block's library means overwriting all 8 commands per scene in all of a patch's 8 scenes.

This can be confusing because the MIDI block, fairly uniquely as far as blocks go, doesn't show tabs for each scene that you can click between. You have to change the entire scene itself to see the individual MIDI settings for that scene in the MIDI block.

That actually might make for a valid Wish List item though.
Wish: Allow saving and loading the settings from only one scene in the MIDI block to the block library.

Currently, the MIDI library is setup for letting you select between saving either one channel or the entire block. However, the MIDI block doesn't technically use "channels" so both of these settings will end up doing the same thing. There's only one channel in the MIDI block, and that one channel's settings persist through all 8 scenes in the patch.

Last edited:
You reloaded the block from the library. That will overwrite the settings.
So, if you watch the video again, you will notice that I do select the library to set each scene, but at the end of the video clip after I set scene 2 command 1 value to 1, and I click on scene 1, the command 1 value should be 0, but it is 1.

This wasn't this way before. I've been able to select scenes and send unique commands across the scenes, but now, it defaults all commands to the latest scene for the midi block.

In fact, I just tried it where in a preset that doesn't have a midi block, I add the midi block, i set a command to something, lets say PC,9, --,10; every scene that has never had a command set for the midi block, now has PC,9,--,10

In the MIDI block, you can't save/load library settings per scene within a patch. Saving an item in the MIDI block's library means saving every setting from every scene in the patch, or the 8 MIDI commands per scene x all 8 scenes. Loading a setting from the MIDI block's library means overwriting all 8 commands per scene in all of a patch's 8 scenes.
wrong.

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Scene_MIDI_block

About the Scene MIDI block​

This block lets you send up to 8 CC or PC MIDI messages through the MIDI OUT port upon scene changes, through different MIDI channels if needed. The MIDI messages can vary per scene.

Back
Top Bottom